Earlier the road transport ministry made it mandatory for all four wheel vehicles to have Fastag till January 01, but now the date has been extended to 15 Feb 2021. After February 15 if a vehicle passes through the national highways lane of the toll plaza without fastag, they will have to pay the double toll. Now because the Government has made it compulsory for vehicles to have Fastag, so many banks all provide Fastag to vehicle owners online and Allahabad Bank is one such bank.
The Allahabad Bank, which is serving every corner of the country and abroad, started in a small room in the British Government. The foundation stone of this bank was laid by Indian traders led by European traders. At present Allahabad Bank has 23210 employees in 3229 branches and there are 1,112 ATMs. Allahabad Bank is the 7th largest bank of India. As many other banks are also selling Fastag, Allahabad Bank has also decided to sell Fastag to vehicle owners online, sitting at their home. Before getting into details of How you can get Fastag from Allahabad Bank and recharge it, you must need to know what Fastag is and what are its benefits.
What is Fastag?
After February 15 on national highways, if a vehicle passes through the fastag lane of the toll plaza without fastag, it will have to pay double the toll. This is announced by Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari. Under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC), a major initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, payment will be made only through Fastag from the toll payment gate.
The government has made this decision of implementing Fastag, to get rid of long lines on toll plazas on highways. Through Fastag, toll payment will be made on the toll plazas of all vehicles without stopping. So if you love traveling through your own vehicle or go to some other destination and toll plazas come on the way, then you must have Fastag on the windscreen of your vehicles otherwise you will have to pay double the price.
Fastag is actually an electronic device. It is smaller in size to a credit card, this card is mounted on the mirror in front of the vehicle. It has a chip, inside which all the information related to your vehicle is available. As soon as you pass through a toll plaza with the tag on your car and as soon as your tag comes in contact with a sensor installed at the toll plazas, then automatically the toll charges will get paid from your fast tag account.
As soon as this tag on your car is activated by connecting it to your prepaid account, it starts its work.
How to get Fastag:
There are many places where you can get Fastag easily and at a very less price. You can get Fastag from all toll plazas, POS (Point of Sales) and through many banks like Allahabad Bank.
Some banks including Allahabad Bank are also providing an opportunity to get Fastag through online application. After checking all the formalities, Fast tag account number is distributed to the customers. You can get these by contacting the bank.
Allahabad Bank usually charges a fees of 100 to 200 to get a Fastag for your vehicle. In addition to this you have to pay the security fees also which can be different depending upon the vehicle class. This security fees is refunded, when you close your Fastag account with the bank. A recharge of at least 100 Rs. is must when you purchase Fastag from Allahabad Bank.
Documents required for applying Fastag through Allahabad Bank:
When you apply a Fastag through Allahabad Bank, then in addition to filling the application, then you must submit the following documents at the bank.
- Registration Certificate i.e RC of Vehicle
- Passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle
- KYC documents like:
Voter ID Card
The photostat copy of all documents need to be submitted at any place including Allahabad Bank from where you are purchasing the Fastag
How to Apply Fastag through Allahabad Bank:
- To apply for Fastag through Allahabad bank, go to the online Fastag application section of the bank website.
- Now enter the personal information like Name, Address, Date of Birth, Email id, Mobile number etc.
- Now you have to enter the KYC documents details like License, Passport, Voter Card, PAN Card etc.
- After that enter the Register Certificate(RC) number of your vehicle.
- The next step is to upload the scanned copy of all the document
After submitting the Application your Fastag will be ready.
What are the benefits of Fastag?
Various benefits of having Fastag are:
- In today’s modern and fast life, time is the most precious thing. So the most important benefit of having Fastag on your vehicle is that it will save your time while passing through any toll plaza. Because most of the time there is a high rush at toll plaza and by paying toll plaza tax by cash it will take a lot of time.
- Many times, you might have faced the problem that, by not having changed money, the worker at the toll plaza doesn’t return you the balance money.
- By having Fastag installed on your vehicle, only that much money is deducted which is the actual fees of the toll tax at the toll plaza.
- As the scanners at the toll plazas automatically scans and deduct money from your Fastag account, so will have no need to stop at the toll plaza.
- You will also get cashback when you recharge your Fastag online through Allahabad Bank
Validity of Fastag:
The validity of Fastag is up to 5 years from the date of issue, but there is no validity of its recharge. That is, if you do not travel on the National Highway for a long time, then this recharge will be valid till the validity of the fastag.
How to recharge Fastag through Allahabad Bank:
- Visit the Allahabad Bank Fastag website and login to the account by entering the ID password. Here you can login in one of the below ways: USER ID,
Wallet IDor Vehicle Registration No.
- Click on Recharge option on Home Screen after logging into your account.
- Here you will see many wallet numbers. You have to click the wallet number
- When you click on the Walled ID, then you will see the details of your vehicle.
- Now enter the amount you want to recharge your Fastag wth. And click recharge now option
- YOu will see a pop-up. Here you have to click on ‘Yes’ and the payment page will open up.
- You can pay through your Debit Card, Credit Card NetBanking
- Now your Fastag will be recharged through Allahabad Bank
Customer Care Details for SBI FASTag
For any query or complaint regarding your Allahabad Bank tag, you can contact toll Free helpline number 18005722000 of Allahabad Bank. If you have any FASTag related complaints, you can contact them with the bank by sending an email to email@example.com
Charges For Allahabad Bank FASTag:
|Tag Issuance fee (one time)||
0/- (inclusive of taxes)
*Free FASTag limited period offer
100/- (inclusive of taxes)
200/- (inclusive of taxes)
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||Paytm Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check FAStag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car