Table of Content
- How to Buy Bank of India FASTag?
- Bank of India Fastag Documents Needed
- How to register for Bank of India FAStag?
- How to get Bank of India FASTag online?
- How to Get Bank of India FASTag offline?
- What are the charges for Bank of India FASTag?
- How to login to your Bank of India FASTag account?
- How to Recharge Bank of India FASTag?
- Bank of India Fastag Customer care Number
How to Buy Bank of India FASTag?
Bank of India FASTag allows the vehicles to seam through the toll plazas as it is a part of interoperable Electronic Toll Collection services. The program rolled out by NPCI under the guidelines given by NHAI and IHMCL has also authorized the Bank of India for the issuing of the tags. The FASTag issued by the bank is simple, reloadable tag which will help in auto deduction of the toll payments without having to stop for the cash payments across the toll plazas at national highways. The bank has always been a part of government initiated projects and now it has partnered with NPCI to bring user the experience of hassle free journeys on the national highway with it’s FASTag program. The tag issued by the bank will be attached to the front windscreen of the vehicles which can be recharged as per your requirement when you will have to pass through any national highway.
Bank of India Fastag Documents Needed
- Registration certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC document as per category of the vehicle owner
How to register for Bank of India FAStag?
There are two ways by which you can apply for Bank of India FAStag. You can apply for the FAStag by visiting Bank of India FASTag portal or by going to Bank of India FASTag pos locations.
How to get Bank of India FASTag online?
As every bank who is providing FASTag have it’s online presence for issuing FASTag, the Bank of India also made a web portal for the users to register for Bank of India FASTag online. You can follow the below mentioned steps to get your FASTag from the bank online:
- Visit the Bank of India FASTag portal which can be visited by clicking on this link.
- Click on “Buy FASTag” at the bottom of the page and you will be redirected to FASTag form.
- Fill in the details as shown on your form like your name, date of birth and the address where your FASTag will be delivered by the bank.
- After filling in personal details, you will have to fill vehicle details form where you need to enter vehicle registration number for which you are applying for the tag.
- After that you have to mention which KYC documents you will give to the bank which is required for issuing of the tag which can be voter id, aadhar card, pan card or any valid ID proof.
- After that you will have to upload photo proof of the vehicle which is a scanned copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle from the front and back side.
- Verify the details and then click on submit.
- After that pay the required fees with the help of your preferred payment method and you have successfully applied for Syndicate FASTag.
How to Get Bank of India FASTag offline?
You have to visit Point of Sale locations of the Bank of India which can be any branch of the bank. than you ask for the Bank of India fastag application form from the banking representative who will also guide you in filling the form. Bring your vehicle along to the bank when you are applying for the FASTag offline through Bank of India. Carry the necessary documents which are required for the issuing of the tag which include:
- Registration Certificate of the Vehicle
- KYC Documents such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID
- Photograph of the owner of the vehicle.
After filling the form and duly signing it, submit it to the banking representative along with the documents and your FAstag account will be created which can be used for toll payments on the national highways.
What are the charges for Bank of India FASTag?
The Bank of India FASTag charges depends on the class of the vehicle whether you are applying for a car, bus, truck or SUV. The tag joining fees is same for all the vehicle classes which is RS 100 which is inclusive of all taxes. The tag security deposit and threshold amount varies with the class of vehicle for which you are applying Bank of India FAStag. The Bank of India FASTag charges can be seen in the table given below:
Syndicate Fastag Fee & Charges
Charges applicable on FASTag
|Tag Joining Fee*||Rs 100 inclusive of GST|
One – time tag deposit amount
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Color||Tag Security Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||150||150|
|4||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||150||150|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||Orange||300||150|
|7||Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus||Green||400||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer||Pink||500||300|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||Blue||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||300|
- *GST will be levied on all the prescribed fees &charges at the applicable rates unless specifically mentioned to the contrary
- Convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge.
- Threshold amount is the minimum recharge amount to be done at the time of tag activation.
- The above mentioned tag deposit rates would be applicable as per your vehicle class and will be refunded to you at the time of FASTag account closure.
- Toll amount will be deducted as per the applicable amount, depending on the vehicle class and the plaza used. Charges mentioned above are subject to change.
Note: Threshold limit, the minimum amount customer needs to maintain with tag at any point of time failing which tag will be pushed to “Low Balance category”. Others:
- GST will be levied on all the prescribed fees & charges at the applicable rates which may be vary time to time. Currently 18%.
- Convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge.
- Threshold amount to be maintained at any time. Minimum Recharge can be done with a minimum of Rs 100 at any point of time for any class of vehicle.
- The above mentioned tag deposit rates would be applicable as per class of vehicle and will be refunded at the time of Tag account closure. Only recharge amount along with available threshold if any will be refunded. Under any circumstances tag price will not be refunded.
- Toll amount will be deducted as per the applicable amount, depending on the vehicle class and the plaza used.
- Customer is required to fill the application for first time purchase. NETC application will be available at all the branches of SyndicateBank as well as ready to download from Syndicatebank official website.
How to login to your Bank of India FASTag account?
When you apply for the Bank of India FASTag, you will be provided a user id and password by which you can login and view all the details regarding your FASTag account. If you are logging in for the first time in your Bank of India FAStag account enter your ID or mobile number and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to get logged in your FASTag account to view all your account related details which includes your FASTag Balance, your previous transactions at highways etc. You can go to Bank of India Fastag login by clicking the link provided.
How to Recharge Bank of India FASTag ?
Bank of India FASTag can be recharged online by visiting their web portal. Follow the below mentioned steps to get your Bank of India FASTag recharge online and enjoy your journey across national highways:
- Visit the Bank of India Web Portal and enter login id/mobile number and enter otp to get logged in.
- After that click on Reload/Recharge tab located in the top menu of your FASTag account.
- Enter the amount to be recharged and than choose the desired payment method to add money in your Bank of India FASTag wallet.
- After that click submit and you will be redirected to payment gateway according to your selection.
- After the payment is done, your FASTag account will be recharged and you will receive an alert on your registered mobile number.
How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
As the government has made it compulsory for all vehicles to attach Fastag, so apart from sending money to anyone, Google pay has added a new feature through which you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019. In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet.
We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system. Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge Fastag Using PhonePe
We are using the Internet the most in today’s time and the Internet is such a thing through which we can get all the information in a few moments, and there are many such things that we can do very easily sitting at our home from the Internet.
Online, we can make any kind of payment and can also recharge online, earlier we had to go to a shop or someone who recharges. But nowadays there are many app through which we can recharge while sitting at home. Today we will tell you about an app named PhonePe App through which you can recharge from your mobile by sitting at your home.
The Phone-Pay app is a mobile payment app, which offers a variety of payment options according to your different needs. The purpose of the phone-pay mobile wallet is to make easy and secure digital payments. It is a UPI based app that works very fast. You can use Phone-Pay Mobile Wallet as a wallet, and pay directly through your bank account, credit card and debit card.
Paying via PhonePe is very easy. Through this you can link bank accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and also recharge online through PhonePay in a simple and convenient way.
PhonePe received its license on 26 August 2014 however, in April 2016, the company was acquired by Flipkart. In August 2016, the company partnered with Yes Bank to launch a mobile payment app based on the government-backed UPI platform.
PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore. It provides an online payment system based on the Unified Payments Interface i.e, a new process in electronic fund transfer initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Now the good news is that in addition to doing Phone and DTH recharge, you can use PhonePe app for recharging Fastag account in just few clicks.
Below we are explaining the step by step process to recharge Fastag using Phonepe.
- First of all open PhonePe app if it installed in your Mobile Phone.
- If you don’t have PhonePe app, then first you have to download it from Google play store.
- After opening Phone Pe app, click on To Contacts option.
- Then click on UPI ID option which is located in the header. After this you have to add
beneficary UPI id.
- Now click on confirm button which will open the payment page.
- At this point, you have to enter the amount you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- You will receive a confirmation message on yur mobile phone after succesfull recharge of your
Bank of India Fastag Customer Care Number
Toll free FASTag Helpline Tag holders/customers –1800-3011-3333
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Allahabad Bank||1800 258 6680|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
|25||Bank of Maharashtra||1800 233 4526|
|26||Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911|
|27||Jammu and Kashmir Bank||1800 572 1370|
|28||Thrissur District Cooperative Bank (Kerala Bank)|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car