- What is Canara Bank FASTag?
- What are the documents required to avail a CANARA FASTag?
- How to Apply for Canara Bank FASTag Online?
- Canara FASTag Application Application Offline
- What are Canara Bank FASTag Charges?
- How to Recharge your Canara Bank FASTag?
- How to login to your Canara Bank FASTag Account?
- What is the validity of the CANARA FASTag?
- Canara Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
What is Canara Bank FASTag?
Canara Bank is the latest entry into the banks which have been issuing FASTag launched by National Payments Corporation of India under the guidelines received from NHAI and IHMCL. The tag issued by canara bank is 10*5 cm rectangular multi layered tag which contains chip and antenna and is made of paper which is of high quality. The FASTag issued by Canara Bank is pasted on the front windscreen of your four wheeler which is easily readable by the RFID readers at the toll plazas on national highway saving your time, fuel and money as the toll will be deducted automatically from the account linked with your canara bank FASTag wallet.
What are the documents required to avail a CANARA FASTag?
- The documents are RC Copy of the vehicle
- ID and address proof (list attached)
- Photo of the Customer
Note: Please carry all the originals for verification purposes
How to Apply for Canara Bank FASTag Online?
You can apply for the Canara Bank Fastag online by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official online FASTag web portal of the Canara Bank.
- Enter the mobile number where you will get notifications and details about FASTag along with the account number of your Canara Bank.
- Then check the checkbox for terms and conditions and click on proceed.
- In the next screen you will see a form where you will enter your personal details, contact details and the detail of the vehicle you are applying for the FASTag.
- After entering details you will need to upload the documents which include scanned copy of Registration Certificate of your vehicles, photograph of the vehicle owner along with a valid ID proof of the owner.
- After that you will be shown a screen with the price of FASTag. Make the payment accordingly through your preferred mode of payment and your online application for the Canara Bank FASTag will be completed.
Canara FASTag Application Application Offline
You can apply for Canara FASTag offline by following the below mentioned steps.
- Go to any point of sale location of the Canara Bank or any branch of the Canara Bank and take your vehicle along with you.
- Ask for the Canara FASTag Application form from the banking representative or you can download canara bank FASTag application form online and fill all the details as shown in the form.
- Attach all the required documents along with the form.
- Before submitting the form verify all the details filled in the form.
- Submit the form and pay the required fees according to your vehicle class.
- You have successfully applied for the FASTag of Canara Bank and you will issued FASTag for your vehicle.
You can also download the application form by clicking on the below link:
What are Canara Bank FASTag Charges?
Canara Bank FASTag charges depends on the type of vehicle for which FASTag is being issued. The toll tax for each and every vehicle differs therefore the charges of FASTag also differs from car to bus. The charges for a car will be different as compared to bus, truck and multi axle vehicle. Therefore the security amount and threshold amount differs for each class of vehicle. The tag issuance charges by Canara Bank are Rs 100 for all classes of vehicle and the rest of the charges can be seen in the table below:
|Tag Issuance Fee||Rs100 inclusive of applicable taxes (Rs 84.74+GST)|
|Tag Replacement Charge||Rs 100 inclusive of applicable taxes (Rs 84.74+GST)|
- Goods and Service tax (GST) will be levied on all the prescribed fees & charges at the applicablerates.
- Convenience fee will be applicable for onlinerecharge
- Charges mentioned above are subject to change. Please visit www.canarabank.com for the latest charges.
One – time Tag Deposit amount (Refundable) are as under:
|SL.No 0||CATEGORY OF VEHICLE||Security Deposit|
|1.||Car/Jeep/Van/Tata Ace and similar Light Commercial Vehicle||200|
|2.||Light Commercial Vehicle – 2 Axle||300|
|3.||Bus – 3 Axle||400|
|4.||Truck – 3 Axle||500|
|5.||Tractor/Tractor with trailer. Truck -4,5 & 6 axle||400|
|6.||Truck 7 Axle and above||500|
|7.||Truck 7 Axle and above||500|
|8.||Earth Moving/ Heavy construction||500|
How to Recharge your Canara Bank FASTag?
Canara Bank FASTag can be recharged by paying cash at the bank branches or the point of sale location of the bank. You can also recharge canara bank FASTag online by visiting their web portal and login with your credentials which you will receive after you have applied for FASTag on your registered mobile number and email address.
Here are the step to recharge online on Canara Bank web portal:
- Visit the Canara Bank FASTag portal by clicking the link.
- Enter the username and password which you have got after registering for FASTag on your registered phone number.
- After you have logged in, click on the “Recharge” tab.
- After that enter the amount by which you want to credit your FASTag account.
- Click on Payment and pay by your convenient method of payment which can be debit card, credit card and netbanking.
- Your Canara Bank FASTag wallet will be credited instantly and you are ready to ip through national highways with your vehicles.
You can recharge with maximum of Rs 1,00,000 if your account is KYC compliant else reload limit is capped to Rs 10,000
How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019.
In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet. We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system.
Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to login to your Canara Bank FASTag Account?
When you apply for the Canara Bank FASTag program, a Canara Bank FASTag account is created which you can access online through Canara Bank FASTag portal. After you have enter the credentials which you will receive on your registered mobile number which are username and password, you can get into canara bank FASTag login and access all the details of your FASTag account which includes transaction history, all the previous payments and also you can use it to recharge your FASTag account.
What is the validity of the CANARA FASTag?
The tag comes with a guarantee of 3 years.
Canara Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
Contact Number : 1800-103-3568.
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car