When we travel by car or bus then we have to pay toll tax, which can be paid either in cash or online. When we pay through cash then a lot of time is wasted and we have to wait in long lines whereas if you make Fastag and paste it on the Front glass screen of your car, then by using this you can pay online at the Fastag lanes of Toll Plazas. This way you can easily save your time.
Now the National Toll Collection System has been started in India by the National Highways Authority of India. From 15 February 2021, it has been made mandatory for all vehicle drivers to fasten the Fastag on their vehicle’s windscreen.
After making the Fastag mandatory, the government has announced that the transport vehicle will not have fastag renewal without a fitness certificate and also there will be no third-party insurance without Fastag. All the lines on the toll plaza will be Fastag enabled. Only one line will be available for cash payment and there too you will have to wait in a long line. In addition to this even after waiting for a long time, you will have to pay the double toll, which will add more burden on your pocket.
How to get Fastag through the Central Bank of India
There are many ways to make fastag. Whenever you cross any toll plaza, then you will find employees on the side of roads who make fastag. Another way is you can go to your bank or visit it online and have a Fastag.
Earlier NHAI only approved a list of 23 banks from where you can get or recharge your Fastag. But now the list has been expanded and various new banks like the Central Bank of India also added to this list. Now there are a total of 29 banks from which a vehicle owner can get a Fastag for his vehicle.
To get a Fastag through the Central Bank of India, follow the below steps.
- First of all visit the official website of the Central Bank of India: https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/
- Here you will see the option ‘ Apply Fastag’
- The direct link to apply Fastag at the central bank of India is: https://www.ostaapp.com/fastag/cbi
- Now You have to click on the ‘New Customer Registration’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘New Customer Registration’ you will be asked to provide various details.
- You have to enter your First name and Last Name.
- Then you have entered your Vehicle Registration Number.
- After that, you will have to upload your RC. You will have to upload a copy of the RC’s front page, and a copy of its backside also.
- Then you will have to enter the amount mentioned for making the Fastag.
- Once you enter the amount, and address page will open up, where you have to mention the address on which you want to receive your Fastag.
- You will have to enter You Full Name, Address, Mobile Number, Email id, and 6 digit Pin Code Number.
- After filling in the above details, your new Fastag process starts and you will receive your Fastag at the address mentioned within one week of applying.
- After getting the Fastag and installing it on your vehicle’s screen, you will never get in trouble at any toll plaza, there you will not have to stop because the toll fees will automatically cut by FastTag itself.
How to recharge Central Bank of India Fastag
To recharge Fastag through the Central Bank of India, you should have the Central Bank of India Fastag. People who have Central Bank of India Fastag can log in and recharge their account easily by following the below steps.
- To recharge your Fastag through the Central Bank of India, you have to first visit the website: https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/
- Then click on ‘Apply Fastag’ and now choose Fastag Login Option.
- Login by entering your User id and Password.
- You can log in by using four ways ie. by entering your User Id, Vehicle Registration Number, Wallet Id, or Phone Number.
- After doing login, you will see various options. Here you have to click on the Recharge option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Wallet Id of your Fastag.
- Once you click the Wallet Id, you will be asked to enter the amount, you want to recharge your Fastag with.
- Enter the Recharge Amount and then click on Recharge Now option.
- Now select the Payment option.
You can select one of the various payment options like Credit/Debit card, net banking, etc.
- After choosing the desired payment option, make the payment.
- Now your Fastag recharge is done through the Central Bank of India.
Recharging Central Bank of India Fastag using MyFastag App
Another way of Recharging your Central Bank of India Fastag is by using MyFastag App. You can recharge your Central Bank of India Fastag by using MyFastag App as below:
- Download the MyFastag App on your Mobile Phone from Play Store.
- After downloading and installing the MyFastag App, you have to open this App.
- Here you will see two options to recharge your Fastag: Using UPI and Using Your Bank.
- Now you have to click on the UPI option to recharge your Central Bank of India Fastag.
- After clicking on the UPI option, you will see a list of various banks. Here you have to choose your bank eg. Central Bank of India in our case.
- After this Enter the Vehicle Number and then click Submit.
- Here you will see the VPA ie. Virtual Private Address which is your Vehicle number and the UPI address made by Fastag issuer bank.
- Now you have to click on Validate Option.
- After verifying your vehicle number, a green tick will appear.
- Enter the Fastag Recharge Amount now.
- After clicking on the Pay Now option, your payment will be done and your Central
- Bank of India Fastag will be recharged.
Documents required for Central Bank of India Fastag
You need the following documents for getting a new Fastag from the Central Bank of India
- The Registration Certificate i.e RC of your vehicle
Identity proof of vehicle’s owner. It can be a voter card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card or Aadhar Card, etc
- One Passport size photo of the vehicle owner
- Documents related to address proof of vehicle’s owner
If you are applying Fastag online through the Central Bank of India, then you need to upload the scanned copy of these documents.
Charges for Central Bank of India Fastag
Fees of Issuing Fastag:
To buy Fastag through the Central Bank of India you have to pay 100 rupees. GST is also included in this.
Fastag Recharge amount:
You can recharge your Central Bank of India Fastag, from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh.
Deposit/Security Amount for Fastag:
You need to deposit a security amount of Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 which depends upon the type of the vehicle. This security amount is refundable. You can check this security amount for different vehicles in the below table:
|(Type of vehicle)||Category of Vehicle||Colour of Fastag||Security deposit)||Minimum First Time recharge|
|TATA Ace and Similar Light Vehicles||4||Violet||200||100|
|Light Commerical vehicles/Mini Bus||5||Orange||300||140|
|3 Axle Bus||6||Yellow||400||300|
|3 Axle Trucks||6||Yellow||500||300|
|2 Axle Bus/2 Axle Truck||7||Green||400||300|
|Tractor/4-5-6 Axle Trucks||12||Pink||500||300|
|Trucks with 7 Axle or More||15||Blue||500||300|
|Heavy Construction Machines/Earth Moving Vehicles/JCB Machines etc||16||Black||500||300|
Validity of Central Bank of India FASTag
Central Bank of India FASTag is a prepaid rechargeable tag service. FASTag has a validity of 5 years. FASTag remains valid for 5 years. After buying Fastag, you have to only recharge it for 5 years. After that time period, you have to get your Fastag renewed.
Benefits of Using Central Bank of India FASTag
There are many benefits that a vehicle owner will get, once he buys it from the Central Bank of India
Quick and Easy Toll Payment
Before FASTag, the vehicle had to be stopped at the toll lane for toll payment and cash payment had to be made. But now you can make toll payments in a non-stop and cashless manner which is very quick and simple.
Toll plaza owners require less human resources, which gives them economic benefits, and management is also done in a better way.
Less Fuel Consumption
After the implementation of FASTag, vehicles do not have to stand in line at the toll plaza, which saves fuel.
Possible to track the toll expenses
If you are going somewhere on a long drive and have to go through various toll plazas during this travel then you will continue to get a message after every transaction via SMS or Email. So in this way you can easily keep track of your expenditures of toll fees.
Recharge Online anytime and anywhere
Central Bank of India Fastag can be easily recharged through the Bank website which can be done sitting at your home anytime.
Central Bank of India Fastag Customer Care Number
You may face many problems regarding Fastag like your Fastag is blacklisted, money gets deducted from Fastag by mistake, Fastag is lost or you may Face any Technical problem while crossing a Toll Plaza. Then in any such situation, you can contact the Toll-Free number of the Central Bank of India to get any help for Fastag.
The toll-Free number of Central Bank of India Fastag is: 1800 22 1911
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Allahabad Bank||1800 258 6680|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
|25||Bank of Maharashtra||1800 233 4526|
|26||Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911|
|27||Jammu and Kashmir Bank||1800 572 1370|
|28||Thrissur District Cooperative Bank (Kerala Bank)|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car