Recently the Himachal Pradesh government has announced to launch the tour plan for all senior citizens of the state. This scheme is known as Dev Bhoomi Darshan Scheme and will benefit around eight lakhs senior citizens of the state. Under this scheme all senior citizens will be given the benefit of traveling.
As mentioned about this scheme has been started by the Himachal Pradesh government for all senior citizens which are citizens of the state. To avail this scheme senior Citizens have to first fill up the application form issued by the government. Only after which they will be able to take advantage of this scheme. Not only this the government will provide Eight days travel under this scheme.
Main Benefits of Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna
- Senior citizen of Himachal Pradesh will be given chance to travel famous places and temples of the state at discounted charges or free of cost.
- HP citizens with age 70 years or more (Below 90 years) will given discount in the package upto 50%
- Citizens with age 80 years or more can travel totally free of charge.
Important Highlights of this scheme:
- The official confirmation of starting this scheme has been made in the notification gazette issued by the HP government.
- This notification will be implemented in every district headquarters of the state.
- Under this scheme the committee will decide when and how long the tour will held.
- Only those citizens will get the benefit of this scheme whose age is 70 years or more. And a family member can accompany them to take care of them.
- Online those citizen can get the benefit of this scheme who is mentally and physically good.
- Apart from this the income of the beneficiary should be less than Rs. 1 lakh.
- Under this scheme people above age of 70 years will get discount of 50% on the tour and above 80 years of age will be sent on the tour free of cost.
- The selection of the tour operator will be done by the committee according to the bid in the beginning of the year.
- Along with this, free food and accommodation will be provided during the journey.
Duration of the Journey
The duration of the tour under Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna will be approximately one week. But currently few tours are organised for 4 nights and 5 days.
Eligibility Criteria for Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna
To be eligible for Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna, please take a look at the following points:
- The age of the person who want to get the benefit of Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna should be more than 70 years.
- The person should be physically and mentally fit.
- The income of the senior citizens should not exceeds one lakh rupees rupees annualy. The senior citizens should be a citizen of Himachali.
- Interested people can get the benefit of this tour package, once in a three years.
Further details of this scheme and the dates can be checked at the official website of Himachal Pradesh Tourism www.hptdc.in. For example, few travel package under Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna are:
1) Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna for Senior Citizens of Hamirpur district
This tour will be of 4 Nights and 5 Days and the places covered during this tour will be:
Sankat Mochan – Tara Devi Temple – Hatu Mata Temple – Bhimakali Temple – Jakhoo Temple
Package Charges for this tour are 10,720 per person, but the as mentioned above, people above 70 years will get the chance to travel at half charges and there will be no cost for people above 80 years.
2) Devbhoomi Darshan Bharaman Yojna for Senior Citizens of Mandi district
Another tour will be four people of Mandi district and it will cover below places during 4 Nights and 5 Days journey.
Jawalamukhi- Palampur – Chamunda Ji – Dharamshala- Brijeshwari Ji – Baglamukhi Ji – Naina Devi Ji
Package Charges for Mandi Trip per person will be 9,720.-----------------------------------------------------