If you don’t have a PAN Card, then no need to worry about it, because today we will explain to you how you can easily get your new PAN Card in just 2 minutes by sitting at your home.
What is a PAN Card?
PAN Card stands for ‘Permanent Account Number’ and is a special Identity Proof for Indian Citizens. PAN Card is essential for various financial deals across the country. PAN Card contains a 10 digit Alphanumeric number which is given by the Income Tax Department of India.
PAN Card is not only required for paying Income tax and for doing big banking transactions in India, but it is also used as a Photo Identity proof and signature proof.
PAN Card is required at various places in the country, so every citizen must have his PAN Card. PAN Card is also necessary because it is the only medium through which the government gets ideas about our banking transactions and income. In addition to this, it is also important to mention that, every citizen must have only one PAN Card as in case of having more than one, there is a provision of Rs. 10000 fine.
When PAN Card is required?
PAN Card is required in the below cases:
- You must have a PAN Card when you purchase a new vehicle.
- PAN Card is required when you sell an Immovable property or any other thing.
- PAN Card is required when you plan to invest in the Share market.
- PAN Card can also be displayed as ID proof at various places.
- You must also require a PAN Card when you have to deposit Rs. 50000 or more in your bank account.
- PAN Card is also necessary for filing Income Tax Returns.
For taking a loan.
- For doing foreign transactions.
- PAN Card is also required for getting the subsidy on loan.
For getting the benefits of the Government scheme, you also must have a PAN Card.
How to get a PAN Card Instantly?
Till now for getting your PAN Card, you either have to apply online or visit an agent and pay a fee of around Rs. 110. This process takes about 15 to 20 days after applying to get your PAN card. But on 28 May 2020 Indian’s Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced that the government is launching a new facility of allocating PAN card instantly. Through this scheme, anyone who applies for a PAN Card online can get it quickly by providing his Aadhaar card details. This facility is known as e-PAN card service.
What is e-PAN Card?
Before this, you must have heard about what a PAN Card is, but have probably not had an idea about e-PAN Card. E PAN Card is basically a new service launched by the Indian Government through which anyone can get a PAN Card through his Aadhar Card, online in no time. E PAN Card is the same as a PAN Card and it works everywhere similar to a PAN Card. The only major difference between an E PAN Card and a PAN Card is that the PAN card takes about 15-20 days to be delivered to you and is delivered through Indian Postal services. On the other hand, E-PAN Card is delivered to you at your email id and you can receive and use it immediately after applying.
How to get E PAN Card:
E PAN Card is very easy to make, you just need a computer or smartphone and an internet connection with good speed. In order to apply for E PAN Card, you don’t have to go anywhere. You can apply and get E PAN Card online without having the need to go anywhere.
Documents required for getting E PAN Card:
To apply for E PAN Card you just need to have below things:
- You must have a valid Aadhar Card
- Your mobile number must be registered with your Aadhar Card.
- As E PAN Card is delivered to your email id, so must have a working email id so that you can receive your E PAN Card on this id.
How to Apply for E PAN Card?
The process of applying for E PAN Card is very simple and easy. This process is very quick and fast and you will get your E PAN Card almost immediately. You have to follow the below steps to apply and get your E, PAN Card.
- Visit the official website Indian Government for filing income tax online here:
- Here on the left-hand side of the screen, you will see an option ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’
- Click on this option to apply for your E PAN Card.
- After clicking on the above option, you will see the option ‘Get PAN’.
- Now a form will appear where you will have to fill some information like Aadhar number and Captcha Code.
- After filling the above details, tick on ‘I Confirm’ option’
- Once you click on the I Confirm option, you will have to click on the ‘Generate Aadhar OTP’ button.
- A 6 digit OTP will arrive on your mobile number which registered with Aadhar card.
- Fill this OTP. After this tick on the ‘I Agree’ option and now click on the ‘Validate Aadhar OTP & Continue’ button.
- Once you Validate Aadhar OTP you can see all the details associated with your Aadhar Card, like Name, date of birth, Residential Address, Mobile Number, Email id, etc.
- Do cross-check all the above details and change if something is not correct.
- Now Click on the ‘Submit PAN Required’ button.
- Now you will see a new page with a message saying “Thank You We are Validating Your Details”
- Below this message, you will see a line with the acknowledgment number of your PAN Card request
- Your PAN card will be ready in just 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes you have to click on the ‘Check Status’ link.
- When you click on ‘Check Status’, you see a button ‘PAN Card Download’
- After click on ‘PAN Card Download,’ you will see a new window, where you have to enter your Aadhar Card number and fill the captcha.
- Now click on the submit button after which you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- After filling the OTP and clicking on ‘Submit Button’ you will see a ‘Download PAN’ button.
- The document will be loaded into your Computer or Smartphone.
- When you try to open this document it will ask for the password, here you will have to enter the numbers in your date of birth in this format eg. 05091985
- When you enter the password, a PDF file will open up which shows your E-PAN card.
- So your E-PAN Card is ready now.