Table Of content
- What is Fastag?
- How To Recharge Fastag Using Google Pay
- How to Recharge FasTag Using BHIM App
- How Fastag Works at toll Plaza?
- How to Recharge Fastag?
- What are the documents needed to apply for a new FASTag?
- How to recharge Fastag through HDFC Bank?
- How to recharge for First time users
- How to Recharge Fast tag through Axis Bank
- Recharging Fastag through NEFT/RTGS
- How to recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag account
- How to Purchase Fastag from Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- How to recharge your SBI Bank FASTag account
- FASTag program Fees and charges
- FASTag Helpline Number
- What are the benefits of using FASTag
- What is the validity of the FASTag
- How can I recharge my FASTag account
- What is the validity of the FASTag?
- How to Get Fastag Statement?
- Is there any difference between commercial Fastag and car Fastag?
How To Recharge Fastag Using Google Pay
National Payments Corporation of India has enabled people to recharge FASTag online through Google Pay mobile App. As you know, from 15 December 2019, FASTag has been made mandatory for every vehicle on the road to pay toll tax at Toll Plaza. As per the guidelines of, it is mandatory for all banks to provide the option to recharge FASTag through UPI to the licensed customers for providing FASTag services. Google Pay mobile App is very popular mobile apps that can be downloaded from Google Play Store. Google Pay can be used to recharge your FASTag, even if your FASTag is issued from any bank. For example, if your FASTag is from Axis Bank and your vehicle number is XXXXXX, then your UPI VPA or UPI ID or UPI handle would be [email protected] This UPI ID or UPI Address is case-insensitive. This means [email protected] and [email protected] are the same. Users can now recharge their FASTag using the UPI Id on the Google Pay mobile application on their smartphone. You can check the complete procedure to recharge FASTag here.
Documents required for opening a FASTag account:
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate i.e RC
- KYC Documents i.e Any of these documents Aadhaar Card, PAN, Ration Card, Voter ID or Driving License
How to Recharge FASTag through Google Pay?:-
- First of all open Google Pay App which should be installed on your Android smartphone.
- Enter your Google Pin number to open the page.
- On this page, click on the “New” button to open the payment page.
- Here to open the ‘pay to’ pop up window, select “UPI ID or QR” option and enter UPI ID.
- Click on the “VERIFY” button to open the bank payment page.
- Select the bank for payment and then pay using the “Pay” button.
- To confirm bank correctness, send Rs 1 as test and make full payment after verification.
- After successful payment from your respective banks, you will receive payment confirmation and fastag recharge message on your mobile phone.
How to Recharge FasTag Using BHIM App
Fastag has been made mandatory on December 15, 2019 on all national highways in the country. If you have not yet fastened Fastag on your vehicle, get it done as soon as possible. At the same time, if Fastag is already installed on your Vehicle and you are confused about its recharge related things, then we are telling you here how you can recharge FASTag very easy. Now the way to recharge FASTag has become much easier. The National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI) has ensured that users can easily recharge fastags through BHIM app. Until now FASTags could have been mostly topped-up through the portal of the bank that released FASTag or through the official FASTag app for Android. With the new digital payment functionality in the BHIM app customers can now hassle-free recharge their FASTag account through the BHIM UPI enabled mobile app.
- First login to BHIM UPI
- Select send option on home screen
- Enter NETC FASTag UPI ID like-netc.Vehicle Number @ BankUPIHandle
- Bank UPI Handle will be the Fastag issuing bank
- Click to verify
- Enter the amount for recharge
- Enter PIN to authenticate the transaction
- You will receive an SMS confirming the transaction in your FASTag wallet.
What is Fastag?
In order to solve the problems caused by toll collection system at toll plazas, the NHAI i.e National Highways Authority has introduced an electronic toll collection system which is known as Fastag. This Fastag scheme was first introduced in India in 2014 which became popular slowly and slowly everywhere in India at toll plazas. By using Fastag, the passengers with their vehicles will be able to pay toll plaza tax with no need to stop at the toll plaza point. For this all you have to do is to attach Fastag card on your vehicle which you can get from any official tag issuer or directly from your bank which are supported.
How Fastag Works at Toll Plaza?
This Fastag is attached to the windscreen of your vehicle. There is a chip in this Fastag which uses Radio Frequency Identification i.e RFID. When your car comes nears toll plaza, the sensor on the toll plaza will automatically deduct the amount of toll from your Fastag account and you will have no need to stop there. This Fastag will start working immediately , once your prepaid account is activated. You will have to recharge your Fastag account again when the balance in that account ends up.
How to Recharge Fastag?
You can recharge your Fastag account through credit card, debit card, and through net banking. The minimum recharge amount is 100 Rs. and the maximum is one Lakh Rupees. You can open your Fastag account and get Fastag sticker to fasten on the windscreen of your vehicle by visiting any toll plaza which comes under POS i.e Point of Sale. List of ‘Point of Sale’ for Fastag can be found by visiting the official website of National Highways Authority of India. Another way to get the Fastag is online through various banks which comes under POS. Some of the top banks which come under POS and through which you can get your Fastag and recharge are: SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank. You can directly buy fastag online from your bank. As mentioned above, almost all Govt. and Private banks give you the option to buy Fastag online from their website. Check here the complete list of Fastag banks list. Click Here
What are the Documents Needed to Apply for a new FASTag?
You will be required to submit the following documents along with a form, at the time of registering for a new Fastag account.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport Size photo of owner
- KYC documents of the vehicle owner and any documents that contains the address of your home.
Fastag Recharge Using Kotak Mahindra Bank
You have to recharge your Fastag prepaid wallet regularly in order to make payment at the toll plazas. It is very easy to recharge your Fastag wallet like any other ewallet through Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- First you have to successfuly complete the registration of Kotak fastag.
- After than you will receive a User ID and Password through email and SMS.
- Using these login details you can easily access your Kotak Fastag account by visiting this link https://fastag.kotak.com/.
You can use another method of login which is by using user ID and generating OTP. First time Users will be given the option to change the password provided by Kotak. To create the new password, you have to use the PIN as old password. You will be able to see an overview of Kotak Fastag account online, after you logged in. Here you can see various information like:
- Your Personal details
- Available Balance
- Information about all Fastag registered to your name.
How to do instant Fastag Recharge through Kotak Bank
- Visit the link https://fastag.kotak.com and enter your login details to login to Kotak Fastag Portal.
- Choose the desired payment method after entering the amount to be recharged with.
- Then Click to proceed.
- You will see new updated balance into your Fastag Ewallet account, once the process is completed.
How to recharge Fastag through HDFC Bank?
- First step is, you have to login to HDFC Bank account by using your Username and Password.
- Then Click on Retail Login section.
- After clicking on Retail Login section, Road User Center appears.
- Here you will see the option
- Payment and Top up, then Recharge.
- Fill in the amount to be recharged by selecting the Wallet ID.
- Select the mode of payment by choosing ‘Pay by Online’. Then Click Continue.
- You will see a new window with the option to select the bank.
- Click on Continue after selecting the desired bank.
- You can proceed by entering the details which be asked from you to continue.
- Fill all these details and you are done with your Fastag Recharge.
How to recharge for First time users:
- Visit HDFC Bank Website.
- Login with your username and Password.
- Visit Pay section.
- Then Click Fastag – Toll Payment option.
- There you have to click on Retails Login as seen from the image below.
- A message appears with the proceed option.
- Here you have to Click on ‘Proceed’.Now you will see the option First Time User. Now you have to ‘click Here’ button.
- Then a screen appears with heading “You may recharge your TAG account by making payment through Cheque or online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or through Net Banking. The TAG account can be recharged up to Rs. 1 Lac.
For recharge through NEFT/ RTGS, please follow the following steps:
- Log into Internet Banking
- In payee details write either Wallet ID Number or Vehicle Number
- In IFSC column write UTIB0000ETC and proceed with the payment.
- Convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge.
- Minimum recharge amount a tag can be recharged with is Rs.100.
- Do not refresh the browser or press the ‘Back’ button in the middle of the transaction.
How to Recharge Fastag through Axis Bank
There are two ways to recharge Fastag through Axis Bank which are using Net banking or using NEFT / RTGS
How to Recharge Fastag at Axis Bank through NetBanking
- Enter your username and password to login into Customer Portal
- Visit Payments Section, then Click on Recharge Account
- Choose the Fastag account which you have to recharge.
- Then enter the amount to be recharged with.
- Click continue by selecting the payment mode as “Pay By Online”
- You will see a new window with the options to choose your bank.
- Choose the bank from this list and then proceed further.
- After entering all login details for your bank account and continuing, your recharge of Fastag account is done.
Recharging Fastag through NEFT/RTGS
- Login into Internet Banking of your bank account.
- Fill in either Wallet ID Number or Vehicle Number in the payee details field.
For More Details About Axis Bank Fastag : Read Here
How to recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag account ?
Like HDFC bank and Axis Bank, recharging Fastag account with ICICI Bank can be done in many ways including UPI, Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT/RTGS, Cheque and Cash. For online recharges:
- Enter your username and password after visiting www.icicibank.com/fastag
- Click on Payments Options and then Go to Recharge account.
- Choose Tag/CUG Wallet recharge
- The Select the payment which is convenient to you like Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet
- Banking and more.
- Proceed after selecting the payment mode and then completing further requirements.
- After completing all these steps, your Fastag account will be recharged.
ICICI Bank Fastag Customer Login Registration Step by Step Guide Click Here
How to Purchase Fastag from Paytm:
The process of purchasing Fastag from Paytm is very simple and is as below:
- Visit Paytm site i.e Paytm.com or Paytm app.
- In the top right corner click on Three Dots under More menu.
- From this Drop Down list select Fastag.
- It will redirect to a new link with the option to purchase the Fastag.
- The cost of purchasing Fastag from Paytm is Rs. 500.
- This Rs. 500 price is break up as below:
Tag Cost: Rs. 100. Security Deposit of Rs. 250 which is refundable Rs. 150 is the Threshold amount which will be added to your Payment Fastag Wallet
- Now make the payment of Rs. 500 and the Fastag will be dispatched to your registered physical address
How to Recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- To recharge Fastag, you need to have balance in your Paytm wallet.
- There is no need to have a separate recharge of Fastag, as the Paytm Wallet will reserve an amount for Fastag recharge automatically.
For More Details About Paytm Fastag : Read Here
How to recharge your SBI Bank FASTag account
Recharging Fastag using SBI is a matter of just few steps. Here we are explaining step by step process to login inot SBI Fastag account and How to Recharge it.
How to Login into SBI Fastag
- To login SBI Fastag visit this link fastag.onlinesbi.com
- You will receive an SMS when you activate SBI Fastag. This SMS contains the user id and password. Use this user id and password to login using above link
- When you do Customer’s KYC, then a Fastag Wallet is created.
- Here your Mobile number works as the user id.
- You can reset your password by using Forget password option, in case you forget or lost the password.
- Now you are ready to login to SBI Fastag website by using your registered Mobile number and password.
How to Recharge SBI FASTag online?
One you have logged into Fastag portal using your registered Mobile number and password, the you can recharge Fastag account by using one of the following ways.
- Debit/Credit Card
- UPI Apps like Bhim, Paytm, Google Pay etc.
For More Details About SBI Fastag : Read Here
FASTag Fees and charges
1. Joining Fee Rs.99.12 2. One-time Tag Deposit Amount
|Tag Class||Vehicle Type||Tag Class||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold Amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||4||Violet||Rs.200||Rs.200|
|4||TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||4||Violet||Rs.200||Rs.100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle/Mini Bus||5||Orange||Rs.300||Rs.140|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||6||Yellow||Rs.400||Rs.300|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||6||Yellow||Rs.500||Rs.300|
|7||Bus 2 Axle/Truck 2 Axle||7||Green||Rs.400||Rs.300|
|12||Tractor/Tractor with trailer/Truck 4/5/6 Axle||12||Pink||Rs.500||Rs.300|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||15||Blue||Rs.500||Rs.300|
|16||Earth Moving/Heavy Construction Machinery||16||Black||Rs.500||Rs.300|
Convenience Fee for Online Recharge
|Payment Option||Applicable Amount|
|ICICI Bank CIB and RIB||Free|
|Debit Card||0.2% to 0.85% of the transaction value|
|Credit Card||1.8% of transaction value|
|Internet Banking||1% to 1.65% of the transaction value|
*Convenience fee will be applicable only for online recharge.
FASTag Issuing Bank Helpline Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Ease of payment –One does not have to stop to pay cash at the toll plazas and thus can save time too.
- Cash-back offer: FASTag usage gives 10% cashback on all the Toll payments across India in the first year.
- Online Recharge – Fast Tag can be recharged online through various modes Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking.
- Ease of Tracking – SMS alerts for every transaction at toll plazas.
- Online Portal for customers
- FASTag has 5 Years of validity.
What is the validity of the FASTag?
The tag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing, you only need to recharge or top up the tag as per your requirement.
Is there a concept of monthly pass for FASTag ?
Each toll plaza has separate monthly passes specific to the toll plaza.
How would I cross toll plaza, if ETC equipment are not working?
In case ETC equipment are not working and your FASTag account is having sufficient balance, please pay the toll fee in cash at the plaza. You can call on our dedicated Call center Number 1800 4198 585 who will take your query and try to resolve it ASAP.Alternatively, Customer can be advised to Login into the portal and raise the request there.
Is there any minimum value for such recharge / top up?
Yes the minimum recharge amount is Rs. 100/-
Can I use one FASTag for two vehicles if I have two vehicles and one FASTag ?
One FASTag can only be used for one vehicle.
What will happen to my account balance if my FASTag is lost somehow ?
Your FASTag will be blocked if it is lost. For this you need to call and report this to our customer care number. A new FASTag account will be created. The remaining balance in the old account will be transferred to this new account.
Will I be able to know if wrong fees are charged at toll plazas from my FASTag account ?
For every deduction from your FASTag account you will receive an SMS alert in your registered phone number. You can report any incorrect deduction from your account by calling our customer care number.
What is the procedure to report an incorrect deduction ?
An incorrect deduction can be reported by calling on this number 1033 they will handle the request and will revert the incorrect deduction to your FASTag account.
What is the procedure to block my FASTag account, in case my vehicle is lost?
You can call our Call Center to block the Tag. Call center will do the same after verifying and confirming the details of Customer.
What if I reside within 10 Km of a Toll plaza. Will I get the concessions given to local vehicles when I take FASTag ?
You can take the FASTag and submit the proof of your stay within the 10 kms of your tollplaza. Once verified you will get the concessions.
Why rates differ across different vehicle categories ?
Due to the differed load carrying capacity and harmdone to the road the rates differ
Why concessions to local/ frequent users are different?
Due to different rules over a period of time the rates might be different. Sometimes the concession are made for welfare of frequent or local users.
Why full user fee (toll) is to be paid although we travel a small length on the project road ?
For projects above 60 kilometers a fixed fee is collected and for a road of lesser length the fees are based on the actual length of the road.
What is normal minimum distance between two adjacent Toll Plazas ?
The distance between two adjacent toll plazas should be 60 km as per 2008 rules.
Why are the toll rates difference at different toll plazas ?
The charges are based on the road width and length and the infrastructure like bridges, tunnels, etc. built along that road the provisions of the concessions agreement also affect the toll charges.
How can I recharge my FASTag account?
You may recharge your FASTag account by making payment through cheque or online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or through Net Banking. FASTag account can be recharged up to ₹ 1,00,000.00 (Rupees One Lac only). For recharge, steps prescribed by the respective issuing agency on their web site need to be followed.
How To Check The Balance of HDFC, paytm, axis,Sbi FASTag?
On purchasing a FASTag, customers can check the balance on the website of the issuer agency. Customers will also get SMS alerts after every toll transaction on the registered mobile numbers.
What is the validity of the FASTag?
The tag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing, you only need to recharge or top up the tag as per your requirement.
How to Get Fastag Statement?
Fastag statement can be obtained by logging in into your account where you can recharge the Fastag as well.
Is there any difference between commercial fastag and car Fastag?
Yes commercial fastag is for commercial vehicles like taxi and trucks.. and car fastag is for private vehicles
Mapper Vehicle Classes
|Mapper Vehicle Class||Mapper Vehicle Description|
|2||Three Wheeler – Passenger|
|3||Three Wheeler – Frieght|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle – 2 Axle|
|6||Light Commercial Vehicle – 3 Axle|
|7||Bus 2 Axle|
|8||Bus 3 Axle|
|10||Truck 2 Axle|
|11||Truck 3 Axle|
|12||Truck 4 Axle|
|13||Truck 5 Axle|
|14||Truck 6 Axle|
|15||Truck Multi Axle ( 7 and above )|
|16||Earth moving machinery|
|17||Heavy Construction machinery|
|19||Tractor with trailor|
|20||Tata Ace or similar mini light commercial vehicle|
TAG Vehicle Classes
|TAG Class||Vehicle Description|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle|
|6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles|
|12||4 to 6 axle|
|15||7 or More Axle|
|16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)|
FASTag Vehicle Classes for which no FASTag is required are listed below:
|Mapper Vehicle Class||Vehicle Description|
|Mapper Class – 1||Two Wheelers – Bikes|
|Mapper Class – 2||Three Wheelers – Passenger Vehicles|
|Mapper Class – 3||Three Wheelers – Frieght Vehicles|
|Mapper Class – 18||Tractors|
|Mapper Class – 19||Tractors with trailors|