Table of Content
- Federal Bank FASTag Features and Benefits
- How to Purchase Federal Bank FASTag?
- What are Federal Bank FASTag Charges?
- How can Federal Bank FASTag Customer Login?
- How Can I Recharge My Fastag In Federal Bank?
- How to Recharge Federal Bank Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Federal Bank Fastag Using Google pay
- Federal Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
Federal Bank FASTag is one stop solutions for your hassle free trips across the national highways in the country. Launched by NPCI under the guidelines of IHMCL and NHAI, the FASTag is also being issued by Federal Bank to its customers. FASTag is an RFID device which is used to make payments which are cash free. The FASTag bought from Federal Bank has the validity of 5 years, which can be recharged as per your need. All the toll plazas coming under Electronic Toll Collection are eligible to deduct toll from Federal Bank FASTag.
Federal Bank FASTag Features and Benefits
Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions and saves time
- Near non-stop movement of vehicles leading to lower fuel cost.
- Online Recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card or Net banking
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, recharges etc.
- Online Portal for Customers, Bank, Vendors
- FASTag Validity of 5 Years
- 2.5% Cash back for all the transactions at all the National Highway Toll plazas during 2019-20
- Environmental benefits
- Reduced air pollution
- Reduced use of paper
- Social benefits
- Reduced toll payment hassles
- Analytics for better highway management
- Economic benefits
- Reduced effort in management at toll plaza
- Reduced effort in monitoring centrally
How to Purchase Federal Bank FASTag?
You can purchase Federal Bank FASTag online by following the few simple steps which are mentioned below.
Federal Bank FASTag Purchase Online
- Go to Federal Bank FASTag Portal and click on “Apply Online” or you can go directly to the link here.
- Fill in the personal details as shown in the first tab.
- Next step is to fill in the vehicle details such as vehicle registration number and the type of vehicle which can be a type 4,5,6,7, 12,15, 16 on the basis of which your tag is issued.
- After that you need to fill in the KYC details for your FASTag account and upload a valid ID proof to get KYC done.
- Than you will need to upload “Registration Certificate” of the vehicle and after completing the form verify all the details submitted.
- Complete the payment and you have completed Federal Bank FASTag purchase.
Federal Bank FASTag Purchase Offline
Federal Bank FASTag purchase can also be made offline by visiting their points of sale locations. Ernakulam and Thrissur are the locations for the sale of Federal Bank FAStag offline where the agents of the bank are available at toll plazas. Carry the required documents along with your vehicle at these locations and get your vehicle’s FASTag registered with the Federal Bank.
What are Federal Bank FASTag Charges?
The FASTag charges include “On Boarding Fees” which is also known as “Tag issuance Fees”, security deposit and a threshold value. The “On Boarding Fees” is Rs 100 for all type of vehicles whereas security deposit and threshold value depends on the class of the vehicle according to which the tag is issued. You can see all the charges related to Federal Bank FASTag in the table mentioned below:
|Tag joining fee||200 including all taxes|
- Service tax will be levied on all the prescribed fees & charges at the applicable rates.
- Convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge
- Charges mentioned above are subject to change. Please visit www.federalbank.co.in for the latest charges
One – time Tag Deposit amount (Refundable):
|Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Deposit (Rs.)||MinimumBalance (Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||200||200|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle||200||200|
|6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||200||300|
|12||4 to 6 axle||200||400|
|15||7 or More Axle||200||500|
|16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||200||500|
- The above mentioned Tag deposit rates and minimum balance would be applicable depending on your vehicle class and would be refunded to you at the time of FASTag account closure
- Applicable taxes will be levied on all type of top ups and transactions.
- A minimum convenience fee will be levied for online tag recharge
- Minimum Balance is the minimum recharge amount to be done at the time of RFID tag activation.
- Tag deposit amount would be applicable as per the vehicle class and will be refunded to the customer at the time of closure of RFID Tag account.
- Toll amount will be deducted as per the applicable amount, depending on the vehicle class and the plaza used. Charges mentioned above are subject to change without any prior notice.
How can Federal Bank FASTag Customer Login?
Once you have applied for FASTag through Federal Bank you can go to their FASTag portal and login to view all the details related to your Federal Bank FASTag. Follow the steps mentioned below to go to Federal Bank FASTag Customer login:
- Go to Federal Bank FASTag page and click on customer login
- After that enter the mobile number or login id you created.
- You will receive an OTP on your phone.
- Enter the OTP and you will get logged in into your Federal Bank FASTag account.
How Can I Recharge My Fastag In Federal Bank?
The Federal Bank FASTag can be recharged by visiting their FASTag portal. You need to follow the below mentioned steps to get your FASTag account recharged:
- Visit Federal Bank FASTag Portal.
- You need to enter your mobile number or login ID to go to your Federal Bank FASTag account.
- Go to “Payment” option and click on “Recharge”.
- Enter the amount by which you want your FASTag account to be topped up.
- Select mode of payment and proceed to “Make Payment” .
- Your Federal Bank FASTag account will be recharged.
- The payment method by which you can pay for your recharge are debit cards, credit cards and Netbanking.
How to Recharge Federal Bank Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019.
In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet. We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system.
Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge Federal Bank Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
Federal Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
In case of any complaint or query pertaining to any Transaction/s, the Tag Member may contact us by calling us on our Customer Care at 1800-266-9520(Toll Free)
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Allahabad Bank||1800 258 6680|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
|25||Bank of Maharashtra||1800 233 4526|
|26||Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911|
|27||Jammu and Kashmir Bank||1800 572 1370|
|28||Thrissur District Cooperative Bank (Kerala Bank)|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car