Dear readers, you must have heard about the SBI bank CIF number, but do you know what it is and how to get the CIF number of your SBI bank account. So today you learn complete information about CIF number and how to find it. Here we will also want to let you know that, CIF number is known by different names in different banks. For example in some banks like SBI, it is known as CIF number, in some banks, it is known as CRN number whereas in many banks it is named as a customer ID. So don’t get confused with the different names. Customer ID, CIF number, CRN, and User ID, all are the same things.
Lets straight forward move on to What actually a CIF number is and how to get or find CIF number of SBI bank.
What is SBI bank CIF number:
CIF basically stands for Customer Information File. These days almost every person has an account in banks. So most of us know what is bank account number but only a few people have an idea about what is CIF number. In CIF number all information about your bank account and your personal details related to the account are listed. So when you open an account in SBI bank, then in addition to the bank account number you will also get CIF number which contains all the below information related to you:
- Your account No.
- Your name.
- Your address
- Your Father’s name
- Your Mother’s name
- Date of Birth
- Account Opening Date
All the above information is included in your SBI bank CIF number.
What is the need for CIF number:
CIF number is necessary for many reasons. For example, if you want to get the facility of using Mobile banking and internet banking then you will have to provide your CIF number to the bank.
After providing CIF number to the bank, your Mobile banking and internet banking facilities are activated.
So in order to use these features, you must know your CIF number. In addition to this, if you face any problem related to banking services and have to go to the bank branch, then you also need to provide your CIF number to the bank staff, so that they find the details related to your bank account.
How to find CIF number of SBI:
So now let’s know, how you can get the CIF number of your SBI bank account. There are many ways to find out the CIF number associated with your SBI bank account. These ways are:
Get SBI CIF number using Bank Passbook:
First and the simplest method of getting your SBI CIF number is through the passbook which is provided by the bank at the time of creating your account.
- So open the SBI bank passbook provided to you.
- When you will open the first page of the passbook, then you see various information related to you.
- This information includes your bank account number, Customer name, Phone no., Email id, Date of Issue, etc.
- You can notice that, just above your Account No., your CIF no. is located. I.e CIF no. is located at the top of your SBI bank passbook.
How to get SBI CIF number using Internet banking:
Many times we are away from our home and need CIF number. In such situations, we don’t have access to our bank Passbook, so then we can get the CIF number with the help of SBI internet banking. Here are steps to get CIF number using SBI internet banking.
- Visit the official website of SBI by typing https://www.onlinesbi.com in your browser.
- Once opening the website, you will see Login Option under Personal Banking.
- Click on the Login and then you will see Continue to Login. You have to click on this option.
- You will need to enter your Username and Password. Enter these details to log in.
- Then click on Login after filling the Captcha Code.
- When you click on Login, you will be entered into your account.
Here you will see this Option “View Nomination and PAN details”. Click on this option.
- After clicking the above option, you see your Account information like, Account Number, CIF number, etc.
- So here is how you can find your CIF number using internet banking.
How to get SBI CIF number using Mobile banking:
You can find the CIF number of your SBI banking anywhere and anytime by using the Mobile Banking app of SBI.
- For this first, you have to download the ‘SBI Anywhere App’ on your Mobile phone.
- Then login to the Mobile banking of SBI.
- If you are not already registered, then first register and then login.
- After login to SBI Mobile banking, you will see various options like below.
- Here you have to choose the “Services” option.
- Under the Services option, you will see many options like:
Debit Card Hotlisting
Manage Debit Card
State Bank Virtual Card
Online Nomination and more.
- Here you have to choose the “online Nomination” option.
- Now you have to choose your SBI bank “Account Number” and “Account Type”.
- After selecting your Account Number, you will see your CIF number on the screen which is present under the Account Number.
How to get SBI CIF number through Customer Care:
Apart from getting your CIF number from your SBI bank passbook, another method of finding it offline is to call the Customer Care number of the SBI bank. You can call the Toll Free number of SBI customer care: 1800 425 3800 to get CIF number.
When you call the customer care service of the bank, then the Customer care executive will ask you about your personal details related to the bank like Your Name on the account, Your Account Number, Email id, Registered phone number, etc.
Once you provide this information to the executive, then he/she will let you know your CIF number. So in this way, you can easily get your SBI CIF number, if you don’t have access to your Passbook, Internet banking, or Mobile banking.
How to get SBI CIF number by visiting Bank branch:
Another offline option to get the CIF number of your SBI bank account is by physically visiting the SBI bank branch near you. When you will visit the bank branch, then you will be asked to provide your bank details as mentioned in the above option. So after you tell your personal details to the concerned bank staff, then your CIF number will be easily provided to you within a few minutes.