- How to Buy HDFC FASTag?3
- How to Apply HDFC FASTag?
- HDFC Bank FASTag Registration Online
- HDFC Bank Fastag Registration offline
- How to check HDFC FASTag Application Status?
- What are HDFC FASTag charges?
- How to Recharge HDFC FASTAg Account?
- HDFC FASTag Customer Care
- HDFC FASTag Customer Care Number
How to Buy HDFC FASTag?
The FASTag program by HDFC was rolled out by National Payments Commision of India (NPCI) under the guidelines provided by NHAI and IHMCL. A FASTag is a tag issued to your vehicle, depending upon the class of vehicle which comes handy when you cross any toll plaza as your toll will be deducted automatically when you cross through the toll plaza. It’s an electronic toll collection program which you can get through any banks or point of sales location located at toll plazas. HDFC have also started the services to issue the FASTag for their customers. HDFC is one of the largest private banks in the country along with ICICI and Axis Bank which is providing the FASTag for your four wheelers.
How to Apply HDFC FASTag?
HDFC Bank has launched the web portal of the FASTag where you can apply For HDFC FASTag. You can go for HDFC BANK FASTag registration by submitting the application online and by visiting the bank with your vehicle or any point of sale locations of HDFC Bank at toll plazas.
HDFC Bank FASTag Registration Online
It’s very easy to apply HDFC Bank FASTag with the help of their webportal for FASTag. Follow the below mentioned steps for your HDFC Bank FASTag registration.
- Visit the websportal of HDFC Bank Fastag by clicking here.
- Then you will see a window where you will be asked whether you are already having an account with HDFC BANK. If you have an account you will need to enter your customer id and you will receive a verification code on your registered mobile number.
- If you click no than you will see a form below where you have to fill all your personal details which includes your name, address, pan number and an identity proof which you will submit while applying for FASTag.
- After you have filled personal details, you will move to “Vehicle Registration” tab where you need to fill all the details related to your vehicle.
- After that you need to upload the document of the vehicle which include “Registration Certificate” of the vehicle and identity proof you had selected in the personal form in the “Upload Documents” tab.
- Next step is to review your application and cross check all the details mentioned in the form before you submit your application.
- Submit the application and pay the FASTag fees as shown on screen with the help of any payment method such as debit card, credit card, netbanking or UPI.
- Thus you have successfully applied for HDFC FASTag online.
HDFC Bank Fastag Registration offline
You can also get your HDFC Bank FASTag registered by going to the branches of the bank or their point of sale location which are there on the toll plazas. You need to follow the steps as mentioned below to get your FASTag offline:
- Go along with your vehicle to any point of sale location at the toll plazas or branches of HDFC Bank.
- Go to the banking officer and ask for a FASTag form.
- Fill all the details which are mentioned in the form and after verifying and reviewing the details, submit the application to the banking officer.
- Submit the following documents along with the form which includes Registration Certificate of the vehicle, passport photograph of the owner and a valid ID proof which can be aadhar card, voter card, passport or driving license.
- Pay the fees at the bank after submitting the application according to the class of your vehicle and get your FASTag there only.
- Your HDFC FASTag will be affixed on the front windscreen of your car by the banking representative.
How to check HDFC FASTag Application Status?
It takes some time for the FASTag to be delivered at your mentioned address which you had filled while applying for the FASTag. The general time period is 7 days to reach FASTag to your mentioned address if you are a resident of a metro city and around 15 days for a non metro resident.
You can check HDFC FASTag Application Status by going to HDFC Bank FASTag retail login where you will have to fill the customer id which was sent to you during the registration of the tag and enter the password to login to your account. In that web portal you can check the status of your FASTag application. If a customer have applied for the FASTag offline you can call at 1800-120-1243 to get your HDFC FASTag application status.
What are HDFC FASTag charges?
The charges of HDFC Bank FASTag depends on the class of the vehicle. Vehicle can be car, minibus, truck, multi axle vehicle which all have different fees. The security amount and threshold amount for these type of vehicles are different, therefore the price of issuing FASTag differs. The HDFC bank was issuing the FASTag free of cost till 31st december 2019 but now the have levied the fees which is around Rs 100. These are the charges for issuing of HDFC Bank FASTag:
- Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee): FREE* (Till 31st December, 2019)
- Reissuance Fees: 100/- ( including all applicable taxes)
The rest of the charges which include security deposit and threshold amount are shown in the table below according to class and type of vehicle as they have different fees at toll plazas:
HDFC Bank FASTag Charges & Fees
|Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee)||FREE* (Till 31st Decemeber, 2019)|
|Reissuance Fees||100/- ( including all applicable taxes)|
HDFC Bank Fastag One-time Security Deposit Amount
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Security Deposit (in Rs.)||Threshold Amount (in Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van / Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||300||200|
|6||Bus– 3 axle||400||500|
|6||Truck – 3 axle||500||500|
|7||Bus 2 axle / Mini bus, Truck 2 axle||400||500|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer, Truck 4, 5 & 6 -axle||500||500|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||500||500|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||500||500|
How to Recharge HDFC FASTAg Account?
HDFC bank FASTAg recharge can be done by credit card, debit card, net banking, upi or through their webportal. Follow the steps to get recharge done through portal:
- Go to HDFC Web Portal of FASTAg.
- Then Click “Road User Centre”->Payment and Top Up-> Recharge
- Than you need to select the wallet id t which is to be recharged and enter the amount for recharge.
- choose “Pay by Online” mode and continue.
- Select the bank from which you will do the payment and complete the payment.
- Your HDFC FASTAg account will be recharged.
HDFC FASTag Customer Care
While using the FASTag you might encounter some problems while crossing toll plazas which can be:
- Your tag gets blacklisted even if you have sufficient money in your wallet.
- Toll Plaza not accepting FASTag
- Your tag is not readable at toll plaza.
For all these circumstances, which you can face on your ride HDFC have issued a helpline number which you can call to get your query sorted out easily.
HDFC FASTag Customer Care Number
HDFC FASTag Customer Care Number : 1800 – 120 – 1243
HDFC Emergency RoadSide Assistance Number : 022-67872087