Government had extended the date of attaching the Fastag on your vehicle from 01 December to 15 December 2019, so that all the vehicle owners can install the Fastag.
As the Fastag has been made mandatory by the Government, so most people have doubt in their mind that, how the Fastag charges will be calculated for the return journey, that is how much they will have to pay for their return trip to the same toll plaza. Lets see in details, how the Fastag will work for your return journey.
Suppose the Fastag charges for single way journey at a toll plaza is Rs. 50 and for the round trip it is Rs. 80. So when you cross that toll plaza for the First time, then Rs. 50 will be deducted from your Fastag Wallet for the First time. And if you return through the same toll plaza within 24 hours, then Rs. 30 will be deducted from your Fastag Wallet on your return trip. In other words the total amount of round trip (Rs. 80) minus amount of single way trip (Rs. 50) i.e 80-50=30 will be charged from your Fastag account while crossing the single toll plaza within 24 hours. We can summarize this process once again as below:
- First time Rs. 50 will be deducted from your Fastag Wallet, when you cross a toll during single way journey.
- If you cross the toll within 24 hours (or the specified cut off time), then Rs. 80 – Rs. 50 i.e difference of round trip cost and single way trip cost will be deducted.
- If you cross the toll for the third time within same day, then Rs.50 i.e full cost of single way trip is deducted.
The toll plaza keeps record of your journey while you cross through it for the first time and will deduct the amount as per above formula, when you come back.
Although the process of calculating the charges for return trip is same at all toll plazas acroos the country, but the time limit specified for your return journey may vary depending upon the toll plazas as below:
- At some toll plazas the stipulated time is 24 hours, from the time the vehicle owner crosses that toll for the first time and returns back.
- The cut off time is at 12:OO O’Clock midnight at some toll plazas.
- Few toll plazas have time at 12 noon between your single way and return journey.
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car