If you are an SBI bank customer and want to change your registered mobile number linked to the bank, then below you can learn in detail about how can you do this. Here we are talking about the same mobile number on which you receive the OTP and messages for all the transactions done with the SBI bank. Here you learn how you can change the mobile number associated with SBI bank account number sitting at your home. You don’t have to visit your SBI bank branch. We are explaining below the step by step and the most easiest process to change your mobile number linked to SBI bank account.
To change your mobile number you should have both your old as well as new mobile number inserted into your mobile. Both the mobile numbers should be working because message will be sent by the SBI on both the numbers during the process of changing mobile number. In addition to having both the numbers, you should also have the ATM of the SBI bank account for which you want to change the mobile number. So lets start how to change the mobile number of your SBI bank account.
- First of all either visit the SBI internet banking through this link (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm or you can install SBI app on your mobile through play store.
- After this Click on ‘Continue to Login’
- Here you to enter your SBI bank internetbanking User Name and Password. You have to enter the User Name and Password for the same account for which you want to change the Mobile number.
- If internet banking is not enabled for your SBI bank account, then first of you have to enabled it. After enabling the internet banking, you will get the User name and Password.
- After entering the Username and Password, you have to click on Login.
- After clicking on Login, you will be entered into your SBI account.
- Then you will have to click on ‘My Account & Profile option.
- Then click on ‘My Profile’ option.
- By clicking on My Profile option, you will be entered into the profile section of your SBI account.
- You will then asked the profile password. Enter the profile password and then click on ‘Submit’.
- You will then see the Personal details of your account, like Display Name, Email id and your Mobile number.
- Only the last two digits of your registered mobile number will be visible to you. Starting 8 digits are shown only in the form of Xs, like +91 XXXXXXXX97.
Below your mobile number you will a line ‘Change your Mobile Number Domestic Only. Click on this option.
- After this, you will see a new window where you will be asked to Add you New Mobile number and Re-type this new no.
- Once you have entered your new mobile and Re-typed it, click on ‘Submit’.
You will then be required to verify your new mobile number. After verifying your new mobile number, click on ‘OK’
- Then you will be asked to ‘Set the mode to Update the Mobile number’. Here you have 3 choices to update the mobile number.
a) By OTP on both the Mobile Numbers
b) By IRATA i.e Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM (In this option, you can change your mobile number through ATM)
c) Approval through Contact Centre.
- It is advised to choose the first option ie OTP option and the click on ‘Proceed’.
- Then you will see the option to Select your Bank Account. If you have only one SBI account, then by default this only bank is selected. If you more than one SBI accounts, then you have to select the same account for which you want to change the mobile number. Click on ‘Proceed’ after selecting your account.
- A new screen will appear where you can see your ATM card number and account holder name. Click on Proceed after checking your card number and name.
After this you will be entered into payment page. In this page, you have to fill the details of your ATM. Click on ‘Proceed’ after filling all the details.
- A message will appear on your screen after this. The same message will be received on your both Old an new mobile numbers.
- This message says “Thankyou for your request for changing the number Your request in Pending. Click Here.
- You have to click on ‘Click Here’.
- Then you will have to send a message from your both mobile numbers.
- The format of this message is ‘ACTIVATE+8 digit OTP Number+13 digit reference number. You have to send this message from your both mobile numbers to this number 567676. This message must be sent within 4 hours.
- After sending the above message to 567676, you will receive a message on your mobile that the OTP for changing the mobile number has been received.
How to check the progress of Mobile number update?
- You have to visit the ‘My Account & Profile’ option in your account again.
- Then again click the ‘My Profile’ option.
- Here you will see the last two digits of your updated mobile no. It means that your mobile number has been updated.