HDFC bank which stands for Housing Development Finance Corporation is India’s leading banking and financial service center. HDFC bank is one of the largest banks in India in terms of Assets and its headquarters is located in Mumbai. Having established in 1944, HDFC bank is providing its services to many areas in India. Because of its very good services, it has a big user base in India also. Today in this post, we will help our readers to know how they can update there mobile number registered in HDFC banks.
Methods of Changing Registered Mobile number in HDFC bank:-
For now, the option for changing Mobile numbers online or through Netbanking is not provided by HDFC bank. Although it sounds something amazing for such a big banking company for not having such type of facility for its customers, but still there are many simple and fast ways of changing your Mobile number in HDFC bank which is:
- Changing Mobile No. in HDFC bank through Bank Branch
Changing Mobile No. in HDFC bank through ATM
How to change Mobile Number in HDFC bank through Branch?
As stated above, currently there is no Online option to change your Mobile number linked to HDFC bank. Also, it is not possible to update your Mobile number through Internet banking. So the first option to change your mobile number registered with HDFC bank is by visiting the bank branch and filling out a form. Below are the steps to update your mobile number through this method:
- Visit your nearest HDFC bank branch.
- Ask for the form to update your Mobile number.
- You can also download this form here: Download HDFC Mobile number change form
- Fill out all the required details in the Form.
- You have to fill the following type of details in this form:
PAN Card Number
Mobile number to change etc.
- Once filling all the above details, submit the form in the bank.
- After verifying your details, the process of updating your details including the Mobile number will be started by the bank.
- Your mobile number in HDFC bank will be updated within 7 days.
How to change Mobile Number in HDFC bank through ATM?
For changing the Mobile number linked to your HDFC bank account through the above method, you have to visit your bank branch, fill out a form and may stand in long queues for submitting the form. After submitting the form, the process of updating the mobile number may take up to 7 working days which usually a long time. However, another method of changing your mobile number in HDFC bank is through ATM. This process is very simple and is quick also. Here are the steps required to change your Registered Mobile No. in HDFC bank through ATM.
- First of All visit any HDFC bank ATM near to you.
- Then insert your ATM card and let it inserted into the machine, because HDFC
- ATM cards are removed only after the transaction or any changes are done.
- Then you will see the option to choose your desired Language.
- Proceed further after selecting your desired language.
- Here you will see two options: ‘Main Menu’ and ‘Select your pin’
- Now you have to click on the Main Menu option.
- Here you will see 8 options like getting Fast cash, Check your balance, withdrawals and more.
- As changing Mobile no. option is not present there, you have to select ‘More Options’
- Again you will see 8 options there.
- You can see there is ‘Update Registered Mobile’ located in the 3rd row of the above screen.
- Select this ‘Update Registered Mobile no.’ update.
- After selecting this option, you will get the option: “Enter your Mobile Number”
- Enter your new mobile number here and then select Confirm.
- Again you will have to enter your new Mobile number.
- Make sure to re-check that you enter the correct number.
- After verifying your Mobile number click again on ‘Confirm’
- Then you will be asked to enter your ATM Pin.
- When you enter your ATM Pin, you will see a message on the ATM screen like this:
- Your request has been accepted. Your mobile no. will be updated within 2 working days.
- Your card will be removed from the machine. Collect your card.
- In most of the cases the mobile no. is updated within 24 hours.
So all your messages and OTPs related to HDFC bank will be received on your new mobile number from now onward. So as you can see, it was the simplest process of changing your mobile no. in HDFC bank.
How to change Phone number in HDFC bank using Netbanking:-
Although currently, it is not possible to change your Mobile number in HDFC using Netbanking, you can change your Landline number through Netbanking. Here are the steps required to online change your Landline number in HDFC bank.
- Visit HDFC banking internet banking through this link: https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Enter your User ID/Customer ID on the left side of this page and then click on Continue.
- When you entered into HDFC bank internet banking, you will see ‘Update Contact Details’ in the top right corner.
- After clicking on this option, you will see ‘Update Email id & Landline Number’ on the left side of the screen.
- Click on this option.
- Fill out all the details, enter your Landline number to be updated and click on proceed.
- Now the process of changing your landline number in HDFC bank is completed.
- Your Landline number will be updated within 2 working days.