The Income certificate is a form that declares the income of a person or family. There is a big role of Income certificates at many places in Himachal Pradesh. For example when someone applies for a loan from a bank or any other financial organization then he/she must have to submit the income certificate to that bank or organization.
It is necessary for a loan applicant to submit the Income Certificate to certify the income. The main motive of banks to ask for the Income Certificate from the applicant is to have an idea that the person meets certain income requirements.
While applying for a loan, in addition to submitting other documents it is necessary to attach the Income certificate also.
So Income Certificate as it is clear from its name is simply a document in which all the information related to the income of the loan applicant is mentioned. That is how much he draws monthly, annually, etc.
The type of information mentioned in the Income Certificate may differ from person to person depending upon the job category and the employers.
In most cases, the applicants have to include the last two payslips for clarifying the Income.
The Income Certificate is not only needed for applying for a loan but there are many places where you may have to submit the Income certificate. The Himachal Pradesh Govt. has started various schemes through which the poor residents of the state can get various discounts and concessions. To get these concessions the eligible persons have to submit the Income Certificate.
Income Certificate is also needed for below:
- For applying for a new ration card
- To get the subsidies (Like Gas Cylinder, Electricity Subsidies) provided by the HP Govt.
- Getting scholarships
- For allotment of plots or houses.
- To get admission to school, colleges a student must also have to present the income certificate of his/her family.
- To get the admission and fee concession in the Government Hostels.
Documents required for Himachal Pradesh Income Certificate
Anyone who wants the income certificate must have to present the following documents
- Any type of document for verifying the Income of the whole family. These may including salary slips etc.
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- Personal Identify Proof like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, etc.
- Residence Proof
- An affidavit certificate also has to be attached.
- Birth certificate
- Transfer Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, etc.
How to apply for Himachal Pradesh Income Certificate
Follow the below steps to apply for the Income Certificate of Himachal Pradesh.
- Visit the Official website of Himachal Pradesh Govt. or directly open this link to apply for Income Certificate by clicking here.
- Here you will have to click on Login To Apply Option.
- Click Sign Up if you are not registered yet.
- You can also download the Himachal Pradesh Income Certificate PDF Form
- After login, you will see the Income Certificate Applicant Form
- The applicant has to provide all the mentioned details in this Applicant Form
- This information includes details like Name of Applicant, Gender, Date of Birth, City, State, Home Address, Mobile Number, Email id, etc.
- When the application form has been filled, you have to click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Then you will be moved to a new window, where you will have to pay the applicable fees.
- Once you make the payment, you will have to click on the ‘Proceed’ option.
- The application for the Income Certificate is Submitted and you will receive a ‘Reference Number’.
- After entering this reference number you can download the receipt of the application form for future purposes.
Fees/Charges for Himachal Pradesh Income Certificate
The person who is looking to get an Income Certificate from Himachal Pradesh has to pay a nominal fee which is as below:
- Application Govt. A fee of Rs. 7.00
- Processing Fee of Income Certificate: Rs. 10.00
- LMK/SUGAm User Charges: Rs. 10.00
Validity of Himachal Pradesh Income Certificate
Once the Income certificate is issued, then it remains valid for six months from the date of issuing. The income certificate has to be reissued after a period of six months.
It is not possible to renew your Income certificate. You have to only apply for a new income certificate after the validity period by following all the steps mentioned above.
An important thing to note here is that you also have to verify your Income Certificate from the local Patwari or Tehsildar Office.