If you have a car or any other four-wheeler vehicle, then you often have to cross the toll plazas while moving from one city to another. At the toll plazas, you have to pay the toll fees either through cash or online using credit/debit cards. This way of paying toll fees consumes a lot of time and there are long queues at the plazas which causes traffic jams, as a result of which a long time is wasted while crossing the plazas.
You may have noticed that some vehicle owners cross the toll plazas within few seconds and without having to wait in the long lanes. This happens due to a new toll collection system which is known as Fastag. The Fastag uses Radio Frequency Identification technology i.e RFID. and it was launched by NHAI in 2014. Earlier Fastag was started at only a few toll plazas in major cities of India, but now it is mandatory to pay the toll tax only through Fastag.
By using Fastag which is installed on the windscreen of your vehicle, the vehicle owners don’t have to go through the hassle of waiting in lines for paying the toll fees. This is possible because when your Fastag enabled vehicle comes near to the sensors of Toll plazas then the toll fees are automatically charged from your Fastag wallet and you can quickly cross over the toll plaza.
Using Fastag is very easy as you just have to get a new Fastag sticker issued from any Fastag service provider like SBI, HDFC, ICICI Bank, or mobile payment platforms like Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, etc.
How to transfer Fastag from one user to another
As per the rules of the Road Transport Ministry of India and NHAI, Fastag is issued for a particular vehicle only. This means, when you get Fastag issued for one vehicle, you can’t use or paste it on any other vehicle. In other words, you can say that when a Fastag is issued for one specific vehicle, then it is not possible to transfer it to another vehicle. You can only get a new Fastag if your old Fastag gets damaged or you can only close your Fastag account permanently by contacting the customer support service of the Fastag issuing bank.
But there is good news for Paytm Fastag users as Paytm is now giving the facility to its users to transfer Fastag to another user. Follow the below steps to transfer Fastag from Paytm users to other Paytm user.
- Open the Paytm App on your Mobile phone and log in by entering your login details
- Once you log into Paytm App, you will see the ‘Fastag’ section in the App.
- Here you will see a list of Fastags.
- From this list choose the Fastag that you want to move or transfer to another Paytm user or mobile number
- After this, you have to press the ‘Proceed’ button after entering the Mobile Number of the person to whom you want to transfer Fastag.
- Then you have to follow the further steps that are required to complete the transfer of Fastag to another user.
- Once you are done with all the steps, your Fastag will be transferred to another Paytm user.