What is HPSSC:
HPSSC which is short for Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission is a department under Himachal Pradesh Government with its head office situated in Hamirpur District. HPSSC is listed in the article 306 of the Indian Constitution. HPSSC is also known as HPSSB i.e Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Board. The main role of HPSSC is to conduct the exams and the recruitment of various Government posts in Himachal Pradesh. As compared to HPPSC (stands for HP Public Service Commission, Shimla) which conducts exams for high level Government posts in Himachal Pradesh, like HPAS (Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services, HPJS(HP Judicial Services), Medical Officers, RFO (Range Forest Officers) etc, HPSCC conducts exams for all middle and low level Govt. Posts in Himachal Pradesh.
Some common exams taken by HPSSC are for the below Govt. Jobs in Himachal Pradesh:-
- Computer Operator
- Steno and Type Writer
- Junior Engineer (JE)
- Staff Nurse
- Lab Assistant etc.
So it is now clear that HPSSC main purpose is to recruit employees for various posts in various departments and subordinate offices of the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
To fill the empty posts for jobs in Group B and Group C of different departments of Himachal Pradesh Governement, HPSSC advertises through various newspapers, its official website and various other online portals. In addition to posting jobs, HPSSC also gives advertisements about the ways and criteria of selection for these jobs.
Who can apply for Jobs under HPSSC:
Any eligible candidate who belongs to Himachal Pradesh and has the domicile certificate of the state, can apply for the Jobs posted by HPSSC. The eligibility criteria is different for various posts and it depends upon the level of the job i.e Whether the jobs is for Middle Level Posts (Group B) or for Low Level posts (Group C or Group D). Here the Group B basically refers to Class 2 and Group C and D refers to Class 3 and Class 4 respectively.
So it depends upon your educational qualification for which Govt. posts you can apply under HPSSC.
How to Contact HPSSC:
There are various ways of Contacting and reaching out at HPSSC.
You can visit the head office of HPSSC which as mentioned above is located in Hamirpur and its address is below:
Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
PIN Code: 177001
Phone number of HPSSC:
You can contact HPSSC by dialing below phone numbers:
Toll Free Number: 1800 180 8095
Email id of HPSSC:
You can send an email to HPSSC for any of your queries via below Email id:
How to Apply for the Jobs in HPSSC:
To apply for the all post of HPSSC the basic process is the same. All you have to do is to go to the official website of HPSSC and there you have to do the registration for the interested post. Below we are explaining a step by step process to fill the application for applying for the posts under HPSSC.
- Visit the Official website of HPSCC ie. www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- If you are already registered, then you can directly login by entering your username and password
- But if you have not registered yet, then you have to click on the Sign up option and you will see a registration page in the new screen.
- In the registration page, the interested candidates have to fill up the information and details like below:
Once you fill up the above information, you will receive the Login Credentials for accessing the online portal of HPSSC on your registered mobile number.
After entering your login details, you can access the online portal of HPSSC for applying for various jobs. Here you can select the interested job and fill all the required information to apply for that post.
HPSSC Recruitment 2020:
HPSSC has recently invited applications for posts of various jobs like Operator, Clerk, Assistant Manager, Cook, Clerk, Inspector and many other empty posts. There are a total of 1661 posts under various categories and the interested Candidates can apply directly by visiting the official website of HPSSC mentioned above. So under this recruitment process of HPSSC, a total of 1661 empty posts will be filled up. The steps to apply for these jobs and Eligibility criteria for these jobs is explained below in full details. So the interested candidates can get all the information here before applying for these jobs.
This is a golden opportunity for the youths of Himachal Pradesh, who are willing to get a Govt. Job in the state. Candidates can fill the applications for these 1661 posts untill 25 Oct 2020.
Start and End Date of Filling the Application:
Start date of filling the Applications: 26-09-2020
End date of filling the Applications: 25-10-2020
HPSSC Jobs 2020:
As stated above HPSSC has invited applications for 1661 new posts. These posts are for the below jobs:
- Junior Office Assistant – 1160
- Junior Engineer – 247
- Asstt. Store Keeper – 40
- Traffic Inspector – 06
- Statistical Assistant – 17
- Steno Typist – 13
- Inspector – 04
- Junior Cameraman – 08
- Technician – 02
- Station Fire Officer – 02
- Assistant Librarian – 03
- Cook – 01
- Salesman – 01
- Junior Scale Stenographer – 03
- Junior Office Assistant-Trainee – 08
- Clerk – 13
- Assistant Manager – 05
- Junior Draughtsman – 90
- Workshop Instructor 05
- Sericulture Inspector – 06
- Junior Officer – 03
- Senior Scale Stenographer – 01
- Laboratory Assistant – 04
- Company Commander/Senior Instructor/Store Officer/Centre Commander – 03
- Computer Operator – 05
- Scientific Assistant – 04
- Bandman-cum-Guardsman – 03
- Steno Typist-Trainee – 03
- Restorer – 01
Age Limit for HPSSC Jobs 2020:
The age of the candidates who want to fill the applications for the above posts, must be between 18 – 45 years. For relaxation in age and other information, the candidates can check the published notification on the official website of the HPSSC.
Educational Qualification and Experience for the HPSSC Jobs:
Because these 1661 posts are for different categories and departments, so the educational qualification and experience required for these jobs differs from posts to posts. Below is the detailed explanation of Educational Qualification and Experience required for these latest posts by HPSSC.
Junior Office Assistant:
The highest number of posts are for Junior Office Assistant. Total of 1160 applications are invited by HPSSC for the posts of Junior Office Assistant.
- A candidate must be 12th pass by any stream from a recognized Board of School Education.
- Must have a computer typing speed of 30 words per minute in English
- And 25 words per minute in Hindi is must for applying for the job of Junior Office Assistant.
Second highest number of posts are for Junior Engineer i.e 247 and the educational qualification for these posts is:
The candidate must be a Diploma or Degree holder from any recognized Board, Institute of University of India.
Asstt. Store Keeper:
The candidate must have following qualification for the post of Asstt. Store Keeper:
- He must be 12th pass from a recognized Board or University.
- Must have at least one year Diploma in Computer Application.
Candidate must be 12th pass from any recognized Board or University of India.
Candidate must have graduation degree (BA, BCom or Bsc) and must have one of the below subjects in his graduation degree:
To apply for the posts of Steno Typist, a candidate must be 12th pass from any recognized Board or University of India
Following educational qualifications are required for applying for the jobs of Junior Cameraman.
- Candidate must have passed 10th Class from a recognized Board or University of India
- He must have a diploma or degree in Photography.
- After getting the diploma or degree in Photography, the candidate must have an experience in motion picture or video photography for at least 2 years.
Applications are invited by HPSSC for 2 posts of Technician (Boiler).
The candidate must have Class B, Attendant Certificate issued by Chief Inspector of Boilers.
Station Fire Officer:
The candidate must have below qualifications for the posts of Station Fire Officer:
- B.E. (Fire) Degree from the National Fire Service College, Nagpur
- A degree of Graduation from the Institution of Fire Engineers (India), New Delhi.
- Candidates who have served for at least 3 years as Sub Fire Officer at any Fire Station which is handled by Government, Municipal Corporation of Municipal Committee can also apply for the posts of Station Fire Officer.
Candidate must be-
- 10th pass from a recognized Board
- Must have a Diploma or Degree in Library Science from Recognized University.
- At Least two years experience working as a Librarian in recognized authority is also a must for the posts of Assistant Librarian.
Procedure for Selection of Jobs by HPSSC:
The candidates who fill the applications invited by HPSSC for these posts will have to go through a written test. The test will contain the objective type questions
Duration of the exams:
Duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Number of questions:
There will be 170 Multiple Choice questions in the screening test. And 1/2 marks will be assigned for each right question. There will be no negative marking and the test will be a total of 85 marks.
Exam Fees for HPSSC Jobs:
The exam fees is Rs. 360 for the candidates which comes under below categories:
- General Category
- Ex Servicemen of HP who are relieved from Defence services before they complete their jobs tenure
Exam Fee is Rs. 120 for below categories:
- General IRDP
- Physically Handicapped
- Ward of Ex Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh
- Ward of Freedom Fighter
- S.C/S.T/O.B.C of Himachal Pradesh
- Blind Persons