How to Get FASTag with ICICI Bank?
The second-largest bank of India, ICICI has started its services of issuing FASTag which was delivered by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) as per the initiative to collect the toll online from the vehicle owners. The electronic toll collection program (ETC) will deduct the money automatically when your four-wheeler gets registered with the FASTag at the toll plazas across the country.
ICICI Bank Fastag Benefits
- Saves Fuel and Time
- SMS alerts for transactions
- Online recharge
- No need to carry cash
- Web portal for customers
How to Apply for ICICI Bank Fastag?
As FASTag has been made compulsory by the Government of India, it’s compulsory to register your vehicle with FASTag. ICICI Bank have also started their online ICICI FASTag portal where users can apply online.
Steps to get ICICI Bank FASTag online
Let’s have a look at the steps when you are applying for ICICI Bank FASTag online:
- Go to the ICICI Bank Fastag portal.
- You will see a form where you are required to fill all the personal details along with selecting ID Proof of the owner and also uploading the scanned copy of the selected ID.
- After filling the personal information, in the next step, you need to enter the vehicle details and your address details with uploading a scanned copy of the Registration Certificate of your four-wheeler for which you are applying ICICI bank FASTag.
- The next step is to confirm the details you have the aforementioned and then pay the necessary fees which will be shown to you after confirming your details.
- You have successfully applied for ICICI Bank FASTag, which will be delivered to your address mentioned in the form.
Steps to get ICICI Bank FASTag offline
The bank has also many Points of Sale location for issuing of FASTag. These locations can be any branch of the bank or you can also go to ICICI Bank FASTag points of sale location which is there on the toll plazas. Let’s have a look at steps to avail the ICICI Bank Fastag offline by visiting the ICICI Bank Branch or at toll plazas:
- Go to the FASTag issuing location of ICICI bank which can be a branch of the bank or point of sale location at various toll plazas along with your vehicle.
- Carry the following document: RC of the four-wheeler, A valid identity proof of the owner, and one passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle.
- Fill the ICICI Bank FASTag form and submit to the representative sitting on the location.
- Pay the required fees according to the class of the vehicle and your FASTag is issued.
- The officer will affix the tag on the front windshield of your vehicle.
Steps to Get ICICI Bank FASTag By SMS
You can also get ICICI Bank FASTag issued for your vehicle by sending an SMS from your mobile. You need to send an SMS on the number 5676766. After sending an SMS, you will receive a call from ICICI Bank within 2 days from sending an SMS. Here is the format to get ICICI Bank FASTag by sending an SMS:
SMS – ITOLL Pincode Name to 5676766. Example ITOLL 134109 Anil Bhardwaj
ICICI Bank Fastag Fees and Charges
To get your FASTag from the ICICI Bank, there are some charges which you need to pay while buying the FASTag from ICICI Bank. The charges include tag issuance charges, security deposit, and the threshold amount. The threshold amount which is taken during issuing of FASTag is required for the activation of the FASTag. The tag joining fee by ICICI Bank is Rs 99.12 and the rest of the ICICI Bank FASTag charges depends on the class of the vehicle. You can see the table below to know about the ICICI FASTag Price:
ICICI Bank Fastag price
Charges Applicable on FASTag
|Tag Joining Fee*||Rs. 99.12 (including GST)|
One – Time Fastag Deposit Amount
|Tag Class||Description||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||200||200|
|4||TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle / Mini Bus||Orange||300||140|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||Yellow||400||300|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||Yellow||500||300|
|7||Bus 2 Axle / Truck 2 Axle||Green||400||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer / Truck 4/ 5/ 6 Axle||Pink||500||300|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Blue||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||300|
GIS-based toll information system portal through which National Highway users may easily access information related to toll fee and other details can be accessed through link http://nhtis.org/ Please note:
- *Taxes, as applicable, will be levied on all the prescribed fees & charges at the applicable rates.
- A convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge.
- The threshold amount is the minimum recharge amount to be done at the time of tag activation.
- The above-mentioned tag deposit rates would be applicable as per your vehicle class and will be refunded to you at the time of FASTag account closure.
- Toll amount will be deducted as per the applicable amount, depending on the vehicle class and the plaza used. Charges mentioned above are subject to change
ICICI Bank FASTag Login Customer Login
ICICI Bank has its own FASTag portal where you can check your FASTag transaction at toll plazas, Your FASTag account history, Your FASTag wallet balance, etc. You can go to fastaglogin.icicibank.com customer login by entering the ICICI FASTag customer id and the password. You can also go to icici FASTag login home by OTP by entering your username and verification code sent to your mobile.
ICICI Bank FASTag Delivery Status
When you have applied for ICICI Bank FASTag online and you have not received your tag at your mentioned address you can track your FASTag by going to ICICI Bank FASTag Customer login by entering ICICI FASTag customer id and the password you created while registering for the tag. You can also call a customer of ICICI bank FASTag helpline at 1800 2100 104 to track the status of your FASTag.
ICICI Bank FASTag Account Recharge
After you have used your FASTag at the toll plazas, your balance will get exhausted. You will need a recharge to continue your journey through the highways. You may recharge your FASTag account by making payment through cheque or online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS/ UPI or Internet Banking. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to get your ICICI BANK FASTag account recharged:
- Go to your ICICI FASTag portal and login with your ICICI FASTag customer id and password.
- Go to Menu-> Payments-> Recharge
- Select the Tag/CUG Wallet and choose your method of payment.
- The payment can be done either through debit card, credit card, net banking, and UPI.
- You can also get ICICI FASTag account Recharged by visiting point of sale location located at the branches of the bank or at toll plazas itself.
- Some of the payment methods may also charge convenience fees for recharging which is given in the table below:
|Payment Options||Funds upload time||Convenience Fees|
|ICICI Bank CIB and RIB||Real-time||Free|
|Debit Card||Real-time||0.2% to 0.85% (basis the transaction value)*|
|Credit Card||Real-time||1.8% of transaction value*|
|Internet Banking||Real-time||1% to 1.65% (basis the transaction value)*|
|NEFT||As per the NEFT cycle||CUG wallet recharge: Free or NEFT/RTGS charged as levied by the source bank Tag wallet recharge: Rs.15 per transaction for Tag level recharge|
|Cheque||ICICI Bank: T+1 Other Bank: T + 4 T = time or date of a transaction initiated||Free|
For the customer whose KYC documents are received, the FASTag Account recharge limit is Rs. 1,00,000. For non-KYC customers, the recharge limit is Rs. 20,000 only.
How to Recharge ICICI Bank Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
As the government has made it compulsory for all vehicles to attach Fastag, so apart from sending money to anyone, Google pay has added a new feature through which you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your ICICI Bank FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to Recharge ICICI Bank Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019. In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet.
We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system. Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge ICICI Bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
We are using the Internet the most in today’s time and the Internet is such a thing through which we can get all the information in a few moments, and there are many such things that we can do very easily sitting at our home from the Internet.
Online, we can make any kind of payment and can also recharge online, earlier we had to go to a shop or someone who recharges. But nowadays there are many app through which we can recharge while sitting at home. Today we will tell you about an app named PhonePe App through which you can recharge from your mobile by sitting at your home.
The Phone-Pay app is a mobile payment app, which offers a variety of payment options according to your different needs. The purpose of the phone-pay mobile wallet is to make easy and secure digital payments. It is a UPI based app that works very fast. You can use Phone-Pay Mobile Wallet as a wallet, and pay directly through your bank account, credit card and debit card.
Paying via PhonePe is very easy. Through this you can link bank accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and also recharge online through PhonePay in a simple and convenient way.
PhonePe received its license on 26 August 2014 however, in April 2016, the company was acquired by Flipkart. In August 2016, the company partnered with Yes Bank to launch a mobile payment app based on the government-backed UPI platform.
PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore. It provides an online payment system based on the Unified Payments Interface i.e, a new process in electronic fund transfer initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Now the good news is that in addition to doing Phone and DTH recharge, you can use PhonePe app for recharging Fastag account in just few clicks.
Below we are explaining the step by step process to recharge Fastag using Phonepe.
- First of all open PhonePe app if it installed in your Mobile Phone.
- If you don’t have PhonePe app, then first you have to download it from Google play store.
- After opening Phone Pe app, click on To Contacts option.
- Then click on UPI ID option which is located in the header. After this you have to add
beneficary UPI id.
- Now click on confirm button which will open the payment page.
- At this point, you have to enter the amount you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- You will receive a confirmation message on yur mobile phone after succesfull recharge of your
What is ICICI FASTag Customer Care Number?
People facing the problem regarding their ICICI Bank FASTAG can contact ICICI FASTag helpline numbers that have been given by the banks. There are two helpline numbers issued by Bank one of which is chargeable and the other number is toll-free. You can call these numbers and get your matter sorted out with the help of customer care executive:
ICICI Bank FASTag Customer Care Number: 1860 2670 104 (Chargeable)
ICICI Bank FASTag Customer Care Number: 1800 2100 104 (Toll-Free)
How can I recharge my ICICI bank Fastag?
Follow the below steps to recharge ICICI bank Fastag:
- Login to the ICICI Fastag portal with your Customer id and Password.
- Then Visit Menu – Payments and then Click on Recharge option
- Now choose a mode of payment i.e select method of payment like debit card, credit card, Netbanking, or UPI.
- After choosing the payment method, your ICICI Fastag recharge is done.
How to track my ICICI Fastag?
To track the deliverable status of ICICI Fastag first log in into Internet banking of ICICI bank, then click on Check Status and then Click on Track Deliverable.
What is ICICI Fastag Customer ID?
You can get the Customer ID of your ICICI Fastag through SMS on your registered mobile number. If you don’t receive Customer ID via SMS then you can call on toll-free number 1800 2100 10. Another way to get ICICI Fastag Customer ID is to contact the Point of Sale person of ICICI Fastag
How I can reset or regenerate ICICI Fastag Username and Password?
Login to your Customer portal after your ICICI Fastag account is created. To generate or reset your User ID and Password you have to register yourself. You will be asked to enter some information. Once you enter the necessary information a message will be sent on your registered mobile number. You can also call the Customer care of ICICI bank for resetting or regenerating the Username and Password of ICICI Fastag.
What to do if ICICI Fastag application is on Hold or Pending?
Your ICICI Fastag application is on Hold or pending because of the following reasons:
- You have uploaded incorrect RC details or ID proof.
- If ID proof or RC details are unreadable
- The application of ICICI Fastag may also be on hold or pending if it is for another vehicle than class 4 like Car, Light Motor Vehicle, Jeep, etc.
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||Paytm Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car