Table of Content
- What is IDFC Bank FASTag?
- How to Apply for IDFC Bank FASTag?
- What are the IDFC Bank FASTag Charges?
- IDFC FASTag Customer Portal
- How to Unlock User Account if Locked in IDFC FASTag Login?
- IDFC Bank Fastag Toll-Free Customer care Number
What is IDFC Bank FASTag?
IDFC FIRST Bank in partnership with NHAI has brought you a solution for your trips across national and state highways which are known as IDFC FASTag. In today’s world time is very important and it is valued above money as it is rightly said that time is money.
But when you are stuck in long queues at toll plazas, it wastes a lot of time, therefore the IDFC Fastag has come as rescue as it will help in deducting toll automatically when you cross any toll plaza. It is a reloadable tag affixed on the front windscreen of the car using RFID technology which will deduct toll tax from your linked account.
Benefits of using IDFC Bank FASTag
- Online Recharge – Tag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT / RTGS or Net banking
- Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time
- Online Portal for customers
- The validity of 5 Years
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
- You can avail a cashback of 5% on all Toll payments using FASTag in FY 2018-19
What are the documents needed to apply for IDFC Bank FASTag?
You will need to carry original as well as a copy of your KYC document
- You need to submit the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner:
IDFC Bank representative will provide you an application form, which you need to fill and submit.
All required documents for FASTag should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle. If the car owner is not present at the time of application, the driver will need to submit his photo ID proof.
A valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof.
|Limited KYC FASTag account holder||Full KYC FASTag account holder|
|This type of FASTag cannot have more than Rs. 10,000*/- limit in their FASTag (Prepaid) account. The monthly reload limit is also capped to Rs. 10,000/-.
Requirements: Minimum KYC details (as per Issuer bank policy), vehicle RC Copy, Photo of the customer.
*Limits prescribed by RBI till 30th December
|This type of FASTag account cannot have more than Rs. 1 Lakh limit in their FASTag (prepaid) account. There is no monthly reload cap on this account.
Requirements: Full KYC details (as per Issuer bank policy), vehicle RC Copy, Photo of the customer.
How to Apply for IDFC Bank FASTag?
IDFC FIRST Bank FASTag can be applied online which is available only for cars. If you have to apply for any other class of the vehicle, you will need to visit the point of ale location of the bank located at toll plazas or the branches of the bank.
How to Apply for IDFC Bank FASTag Online?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get your IDFC FIRST Bank FASTag online:
- Go to IDFC FIRST Bank FASTag apply online link.
- You will see a form where you need to fill your personal details such as name, address, vehicle registration number, your phone number, and email.
- Then click on “Make Payment” and pay by your preferred payment method.
- After the payment is done the applicant will have to email the vehicle registration certificate photocopy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the following steps, the applicant will receive application forms on his email and list of KYC documents which he needs to fill and send it to email@example.com
- After you submit all the documents, the tag will be activated which will be sent to your mentioned address within 5 working days.
How to apply for IDFC Bank FASTag online through UPI?
You can also apply for IDFC FASTag with the help of UPI payment. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the UPI FASTAg Apply link of IDFC Bank.
- Fill in the details in the form shown.
- After that make a payment through UPI at the address: fastagonline@idfcbank
- After the payment is done send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the RC of your vehicle.
- In the subject of the email, you need to write the registration number of your four-wheeler.
How to Apply for IDFC Bank FASTag offline?
The IDFC FASTag can also be applied by visiting their points of sale location located at the toll plazas or the branches of the bank. take your vehicle along with all the KYC documents required to the location where a representative from the bank will help you to apply for the FASTag.
What are the IDFC Bank FASTag Charges?
IDFC bank takes tag issuance charges, tag deposit which is taken as a security deposit, and the threshold amount which is necessary for the activation of the tag. The tag issuance fee is fixed at Rs 100 for all the classes of vehicles whereas the security deposit and threshold amount are charged taking into consideration the class of the vehicle. You can follow the table mentioned below to know IDFC Bank FASTag charges for your vehicle:
IDFC Bank Fastag Fees and Charges
|Tag Joining Fee||100 including all applicable taxes|
|Tag Replacement Fee||100 including all applicable taxes|
One – time Tag Deposit amount (Refundable):
|Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Deposit (INR)||Threshold Amount (INR)|
|1||Car / Jeep / Van / TATA Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||200||100|
|2||Light Commercial Vehicle||500||150|
|3||3-axle Commercial Vehicle||500||400|
|4||Bus / Truck||500||400|
|5||4 to 6-axle||500||400|
|6||7 or more axle||500||400|
|7||Heavy Construction Machinery/Earth Moving Equipment’s||500||400|
IDFC FASTag Customer Portal
IDFC Bank has provided its FASTag customer with a portal where they can view their account statement of FASTag how much toll is deducted, what is the amount left in FASTag wallet, view for the service request if you had submitted any complaint, also recharge your FASTag account and Fund Transfer to the other tag account. You can go to etoll.idfc bank customer login with the user id and password and see all your details related to your FASTag account.
How to Unlock User Account if Locked in IDFC FASTag Login?
If somehow your IDFC FASTag login account gets locked, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the IDFC BANK FASTag customer login link.
- There you will see an “Unlock Account” button, click on that, or directly visit the link.
- Enter your “USER ID” and “Vehicle Registration Number/ Chassis number” of the four-wheeler for which you want to unlock your FASTag account.
- Click on “Unlock Id” and your account unlock request will be submitted with the bank.
How can I Recharge the IDFC Fastag account?
You may recharge your TAG account by making payment through cheque or online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT / RTGS or through Net Banking.
How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
As the government has made it compulsory for all vehicles to attach Fastag, so apart from sending money to anyone, Google pay has added a new feature through which you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019. In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet.
We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system. Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge Fastag Using PhonePe
We are using the Internet the most in today’s time and the Internet is such a thing through which we can get all the information in a few moments, and there are many such things that we can do very easily sitting at our home from the Internet.
Online, we can make any kind of payment and can also recharge online, earlier we had to go to a shop or someone who recharges. But nowadays there are many app through which we can recharge while sitting at home. Today we will tell you about an app named PhonePe App through which you can recharge from your mobile by sitting at your home.
The Phone-Pay app is a mobile payment app, which offers a variety of payment options according to your different needs. The purpose of the phone-pay mobile wallet is to make easy and secure digital payments. It is a UPI based app that works very fast. You can use Phone-Pay Mobile Wallet as a wallet, and pay directly through your bank account, credit card and debit card.
Paying via PhonePe is very easy. Through this you can link bank accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and also recharge online through PhonePay in a simple and convenient way.
PhonePe received its license on 26 August 2014 however, in April 2016, the company was acquired by Flipkart. In August 2016, the company partnered with Yes Bank to launch a mobile payment app based on the government-backed UPI platform.
PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore. It provides an online payment system based on the Unified Payments Interface i.e, a new process in electronic fund transfer initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Now the good news is that in addition to doing Phone and DTH recharge, you can use PhonePe app for recharging Fastag account in just few clicks.
Below we are explaining the step by step process to recharge Fastag using Phonepe.
- First of all open PhonePe app if it installed in your Mobile Phone.
- If you don’t have PhonePe app, then first you have to download it from Google play store.
- After opening Phone Pe app, click on To Contacts option.
- Then click on UPI ID option which is located in the header. After this you have to add
beneficary UPI id.
- Now click on confirm button which will open the payment page.
- At this point, you have to enter the amount you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- You will receive a confirmation message on yur mobile phone after succesfull recharge of your
IDFC Bank Fastag Toll-Free Customer care Number
How can I change my contact number/address in IDFC Fastag?
Please contact the help desk on 18002669970.
How Can I avail of an IDFC bank Fastag Monthly Pass?
A monthly pass for a toll plaza will be issued at that particular toll plaza or the POS locations put by the Acquirer Bank of the toll plaza. If you are a registered tag holder, you need to visit the toll plaza [or the Acquirer Bank POS locations] and request for the particular pass scheme. You need to pay for the selected pass scheme by cash or card to the operator. Once the payment is approved, the operator will activate the affixed tag for the pass scheme.
Note: There is no need to purchase any other RFID tag to avail of a monthly pass scheme at any toll plaza. The FASTag already purchased by you will be configured for the pass at the toll plaza.
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Allahabad Bank||1800 258 6680|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
|25||Bank of Maharashtra||1800 233 4526|
|26||Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911|
|27||Jammu and Kashmir Bank||1800 572 1370|
|28||Thrissur District Cooperative Bank (Kerala Bank)|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car