How to Buy Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag?
Kotak FASTag are rechargeable tags issued by Kotak Mahindra Bank to its users which allow auto debit of toll payments when a Fastag user zip through national highways across the nation. The tag which is attached to the front windscreen of the vehicle works on Radio Frequency Identification Technology to deduct the toll payments. Kotak Mahindra Bank has also been assigned the task of issuing the FASTag which was launched by NPCI under the guidelines given by NHAI and IHMCL. The FASTag issued by Kotak Mahindra Bank is valid for 5 years and you only need to recharge your FASTag wallet as per your requirement.
How to apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag?
The Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag can be applied by visiting their FASTag portal and also by visiting the point of sale locations of FAStag of the bank by bringing all the required documents to the location along with your vehicle..
How to apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Online?
You can apply for kotak mahindra bank Fastag online by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the Kotak Bank Fastag Portal or click here to go directly to the apply link.
- If you have an account with Kotak Bank than enter your “CRN Number” and then fill captcha to proceed further.
- If you don’t have an account with kotak bank than you have to enter your mobile number and generate otp.
- After that fill all the required information in the next form along with the documents which include “Registration Certificate of the vehicle” and KYC documents.
- After filling the information validate the information and click on “Validate”.
- Pay the fees according to your vehicle class and after that you will receive your Kotak Bank Fastag at your given address within 5 days.
What are the charges for Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag?
For getting the Kotak Bank Fastag you will have to pay a tag issuance charges of Rs 100 which also includes GST. Along with the tag issuance charges, you have to pay a tag deposit fees and a threshold amount which is a requirement for the activation of the tag. The security amount is dependent on the class of vehicle as the toll fees vary accordingly with different vehicle. You can see the table mentioned below to get a view of kotak mahindra bank FASTag charges:
Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Fee and Charges
|Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee)||0/- (No Issuance fee till 31st December 2019)|
|Reissuance Fees||100/- ( including all applicable taxes)|
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Color||Tag Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||200||200|
|4||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||200||200|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||Orange||300||200|
|7||Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus||Green||400||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer||Pink||500||300|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||Blue||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||300|
Please note: 1. GST applicable from time to time, will be levied on the aforementioned charges. 2. Convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge. 3. Threshold amount is the minimum recharge amount to be done at the time of tag activation. 4. The above mentioned tag deposit rates would be applicable as per your vehicle class and will be refunded to only KYC customers at the time of FASTag account closure. 5. Toll amount will be deducted as per the applicable amount, depending on the vehicle class and the toll plaza. Charges mentioned above are subject to change.
How to track your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag?
The Kotak Fastag can be tracked by visiting the FASTag portal of Kotak Mahindra Bank. Usually it takes 7 days to reach the FASTag to your address which you have mentioned while applying for the FASTag in the form.
Kotak FASTag status can be checked by going to kotak mahindra bank fastag login and you can check the status of your FASTag. If your Fastag is dispatched but not delivered, the bank will try two times to get your FASTag delivered and than it will return back to concerned team. If you still have any query regarding your FASTag, you can contact kotak fastag customer care.
How to login your Kotak Mahindra Bank FAStag account?
You can check your FASTag account by visiting kotak mahindra bank fastag login link and then click on portal login. After that enter your user id and mobile number where you will receive an OTP on your registered number. If you are logging in for the first time you will be prompted to change your Login Password which kotak provides when registering for FASTag and create your own password for further login. You can view all the transaction related to your Kotak Fastag account, recharge your account, submit any complaint regarding the usage of FASTag and also track the status of your FASTag if it’s not delivered.
How to Recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag?
When you drive through the national highways, you must maintain enough balance in your FasTag wallet so that , your tag remains active and fees can be deducted from your prepaid wallet link to your FASTag. If you have a low balance in your Kotak FASTag wallet, you can follow the below mentioned steps to recharge your Kotak Bank FASTag account:
- Login to Kotak Mahindra Bank Portal by visiting the link.
- After you have logged in click on the “Recharge” option.
- Then you will have to click on the link “Add Money”.
- After that enter the amount by which you want to load your wallet and click “Submit”.
- Than you need to select a payment method which can be a debit card, credit card and netbanking.
- After the successful payment the money will reflect in your FASTag wallet which can be used when you pass through toll plazas on national highway.
How to Recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag by UPI?
You can also recharge your Kotak FASTag wallet with the help of a UPI. Follow the below mentioned steps to get your FASTag wallet recharge with the UPI:
- Open any UPI app like google pay, paytm and enter the following address: netc.[VehicleNO]@kotak in the beneficiary address.
- Enter the amount by which you want your recharge to be done.
- After the click on pay and your Fastag wallet will be recharged.
How to Recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
As the government has made it compulsory for all vehicles to attach Fastag, so apart from sending money to anyone, Google pay has added a new feature through which you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to Recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019. In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet.
We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system. Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
We are using the Internet the most in today’s time and the Internet is such a thing through which we can get all the information in a few moments, and there are many such things that we can do very easily sitting at our home from the Internet.
Online, we can make any kind of payment and can also recharge online, earlier we had to go to a shop or someone who recharges. But nowadays there are many app through which we can recharge while sitting at home. Today we will tell you about an app named PhonePe App through which you can recharge from your mobile by sitting at your home.
The Phone-Pay app is a mobile payment app, which offers a variety of payment options according to your different needs. The purpose of the phone-pay mobile wallet is to make easy and secure digital payments. It is a UPI based app that works very fast. You can use Phone-Pay Mobile Wallet as a wallet, and pay directly through your bank account, credit card and debit card.
Paying via PhonePe is very easy. Through this you can link bank accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and also recharge online through PhonePay in a simple and convenient way.
PhonePe received its license on 26 August 2014 however, in April 2016, the company was acquired by Flipkart. In August 2016, the company partnered with Yes Bank to launch a mobile payment app based on the government-backed UPI platform.
PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore. It provides an online payment system based on the Unified Payments Interface i.e, a new process in electronic fund transfer initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Now the good news is that in addition to doing Phone and DTH recharge, you can use PhonePe app for recharging Fastag account in just few clicks.
Below we are explaining the step by step process to recharge Fastag using Phonepe App.
- First of all open PhonePe app if it installed in your Mobile Phone.
- If you don’t have PhonePe app, then first you have to download it from Google play store.
- After opening Phone Pe app, click on To Contacts option.
- Then click on UPI ID option which is located in the header. After this you have to add
beneficary UPI id.
- Now click on confirm button which will open the payment page.
- At this point, you have to enter the amount you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- You will receive a confirmation message on yur mobile phone after succesfull recharge of your
Kotak Fastag Customer care Toll Free Number
180030069090 MoRTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTag complaints at toll plaza level. Customer can simply dial 1033 from Mobile/Landline for the following issues:
- Stopped at the plaza for Tag blacklist reason even through Tag is not blacklisted.
- Plaza not accepting FASTag
- Plaza not able to read the Tag
- Plaza not supporting for monthly pass issuance
- Any other applicable issue for FASTag.
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car