Whenever we have a medical issue then we go or visit a medical practitioner. These medical practitioners are simply known as the Doctors. So Doctors are basically medical practitioner who treats our illness and tackle medical conditions.
Becoming a doctor and choosing a medical line as a career is nothing less than an adventure. Becoming a Doctor requires you to make a plan right from your school time because to become a doctor and to choose the medical field you must choose the science stream from the 12th class.
How to become a Doctor in Himachal Pradesh
To become a Doctor in Himachal Pradesh the students must have to undergo an exam also known as the medical examination test.
Although the pattern for the medical examination in Himachal Pradesh by Government colleges is almost the same, the private colleges and universities can decide their own exam pattern.
A common test is known as Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Entrance Test i.e HP CPMT
By appearing in this HP CPMT medical test, the students can get any of the reputed colleges of Himachal Pradesh for any Medical course including MBBS, MD, etc.
Eligibility criteria for Medical Course in Himachal Pradesh
The eligibility criteria for joining any medical course in one of the reputed colleges of Himachal Pradesh is as below:
- The candidate must be a 12th pass from the science stream in Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- The General category applicant must have obtained at least 50% marks in 10th and 12th.
- The minimum percentage required for Reserved category candidates is 40%
- The minimum age for applying for medical courses like MBBS in Himachal Pradesh is 17 years.
- The maximum age for the medical course is yet not decided and the case for it is running in the Honourable Supreme Court.
- The applicants whose parents are of Himachal Origin and have migrated from Himachal Pradesh are also eligible to apply for the medical course in the state.
Private and Government Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh
- Only those candidates who have cleared the NEET test will be considered eligible for filling the application for medical courses in any College of Himachal Pradesh.
How to apply for Medical Course at Himachal Pradesh College
Several private and Government colleges affiliated with the reputed Universities offer a degree course in Medicine and Surgery. Although all medical colleges and university have their own characteristics there are many things common in them. These common things are the subjects that will be part of the medical degree program. There are many Private and Government medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh that provide various Medical degree programs for aspirant medical students. The list of popular Private and Government Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh is mentioned in the below table.
|Govt. Medical Colleges|
|Sr.No.||Name of the College||Subject/Courses||Tel. No||Year of Establish|
|1.||Indira Ghandhi Medical College Shimla, H.P.||MBBS, MD/MS, B.Sc. Medical Technologyemail@example.com.||01772804251||1966|
|2.||Dr. R.P. Medical College, Tanda Distt. Kangra H.P.||MBBS, MD/MS, B.Sc |Medical Technology||Not Available||01892-267115||1997|
|3.||Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College Ner, Chowk Distt. Mandi, H.P.||MBBS||Not Available||Not Available||2017-18|
|4.||Dr. Radhakrishan Govt. Medical College Hamirpur, H.P||MBBS||Not Available||01972-2224303|
|5.||Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Govt. Medical College, Chamba, H.P.||MBBS||Not Available||01899-222223||2017|
|6.||Dr. Y.S. Parmar Govt. Homoeopathic College , Nahan, Distt. Sirmour H.P.||MBBS||Not Available||Not Available||2016|