Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi announced to launch ‘PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana(PMJAY) or PMBJPK i.e Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojna’ in 2015. Under this PMJAY scheme, the common people will be able to get various benefits.
With the help of this Yojana(scheme), the Govt. of India will provide generic medicines to the Indian citizens at very low prices. Various Jan Aushadhi Kendras are already opened across India. This scheme will not be beneficial only for the patients to get generic medicines at cheap prices but the general public also has the chance to earn money by opening Jan Aushadhi Centers at very low investment.
The people who are interested to open the Jan Aushadhi Kendras will also be helped by the Govt. as they will be given a subsidy of Rs 2,50000 to open the centers.
What are the objectives of PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana:
The main objectives of launching the PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana are:
- To provide generic medicines to the people at a very low cost.
- Getting the generic medicines at low cost will also reduce the overall cost of treatments of poor and middle-class people
- The generic medicines provided under this scheme will be of high quality.
- The good quality medicines provider under this scheme will also ensure that the patients will get the quality treatments as the cost generic medicines don’t always ensure the good quality.
- Not only the people will get the medicines at low cost, but this scheme also offers a good chance for youth to earn money by opening Jan Aushadhi Stores with very low investments.
How to Apply for PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana:
You have to follow the below steps to apply for the PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana.
- To apply for PMJAY, first of all, you need to visit the official website launched by the Govt.
- Click on this link to go to the official website of PMBJPK.
- After opening the website, when you will scroll down you will see the registration link as shown below.
- Click on this registration link to apply for PMBJPK
- Here you will see 3 categories to Apply for this scheme:
A) Location Proposed within Government Hospitals
B) The location proposed outside Government Hospitals
C) Individual Entrepreneurs
- Under each category, there are 2 Options:
- Click on any category and then the option you want to apply with.
- After clicking on the Offline option, you will see a form. Download and fill the form and submit it to the address mentioned below in the Form.
- If you want to apply online, then click on the Online Option. You will see a form like below:
- You will have to add below type of information in this form:
Name of Applicant
Date of Birth
- Fill the Online Form and then submit it.
- After submitting the form, you have to register for ‘A Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India’ i.e BPPI.
- You will have to pay Rs. 2000 as registration chargers.
- After filling the form, you will have to apply for the Drug License at ‘State Drug Authority’ or ‘CMO(Chief Medical Officer) office.
- Once you get the Drug license you will have to scan it and send it to [email protected]
- Then you can send the order for medicines on the Health Portal.
Documents Required for PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana:
- Aadhar Card and PAN Card are necessary for Opening Jan Aushadhi Yojana.
- A space of at least 120 Sq Feet is necessary to open the center.
- You can also take a 120 Sq Feet shop on rent to open the store.
- More than 600 types of Generic medicines will be provided by the center Govt. to open the store.
- Jan Aushadhi Store can also be opened by any Organization for which they have to provide the Registration Certificate of the Organization in addition to the
- Aadhar Card and PAN Card.
Who Can Open the Jan Aushadhi Store:
- Any common person, Businessman, NGO, Hospital can apply for opening Jan Aushadhi Store.
- Any Charitable Trust, Pharmacist, Doctor, and practitioner can apply for the opening Store under Jan Aushadhi Yojana.
- Medicines of up to Rs. 50000 will be provided to SC, ST, and Handicapped in advance for opening the store.
How the Govt. will provide help of Rs. 250000:
- You need to purchase the medicines for Rs. 100000 for opening the store under PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana.
- The Govt. will reimburse this amount of Rs. 1 Lakh on monthly basis.
- In addition to this, the help of Rs. 100000 will be given by the Govt. to set up the infrastructure for the store.
- This amount will be for purchasing and building Desks, Racks, shelves, and other furniture, etc.
- And the remaining amount of Rs. 50000 will be provided by the Government for purchasing the computer system for the store.
How to earn and get incentives under PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana:
After opening the store under Jan Aushadhi Yojana, you will get a commission of 20% on the sale of the medicines. So if you sell medicines of Rs. 10000 for example in a month then you will get a commission of Rs. 20000. In addition to the commission, you will also get an incentive of 10% but the condition for getting this incentive is that you have to sell medicines of at least Rs. 250000 in total.