How to Purchase SBI FASTag?
SBI is one of the largest national government banks in India. SBI has also started issuing the FASTag incorporated by NPCI under the scheme of the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC). The SBI issues an SBI FASTag chip which is a rectangular tag in the size of 10*5 cm which contains an antenna and chip.
The tag which is attached on the front windshield of the four-wheeler uses Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID) to deduct the toll fees at the toll plazas located on the national and state highways. SBI FASTag is valid on all toll plazas which come under the NETC program.
SBI FASTag purchase can be made by submitting an SBI FASTag registration application to the Bank through SBI FASTag portal or by visiting the bank.
Benefits of the SBI FASTag
- Cashback for all the transactions at all the National Highway Toll plazas.
- Save Time, Fuel and Money
- Easy recharge/Top up of the SBI FASTag account through authorized service providers of SBI across the country.
- Online recharge of the SBI FASTag through the dedicated online portal for the customer through credit card, debit card, net banking, wallets, etc.
- You can view transaction history, toll payment history, balance in the account, etc. in the customer portal
How to get an SBI FASTag Application?
You can apply for SBI FASTag application by visiting the points of sale location located at SBI bank branches located in the country
SBI FASTag Application
You can apply for SBI FASTag by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to any point of sale location of the SBI Bank and take your four-wheeler along with you.
- Ask for the SBI FASTag Application form from the banking representative and fill all the details listed in the form.
- Attach the following documents along with the SBI FASTag application form: KYC Documents: Aadhar Card, PAN Card or Voter Card; One Passport Size photograph of the owner of the vehicle; Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Verify all the details filled in the form and duly sign the form.
- Submit the form to the banking officer and pay the required fees.
- Your SBI FASTag will be created and it will be affixed on your four-wheelers front windshield.
SBI FASTag KYC Update Online
It is necessary to do KYC of your SBI FASTag as it includes monetary transactions. There are two types of SBI KYC update.
Limited KYC Holder’s Account
In this type of SBI FASTag, an account holder can load a maximum amount of RS 10,000. The reload limit of this type of account is also capped at Rs 10,000. For KYC of this account you need the following documents which include your Passport, NREGA Card, PAN Card, Driving Licence, Voter’s Identity Card, and Aadhaar Card.
Full KYC Holder’s Account
In this type of SBI FASTag account, you can load an amount of Rs 1,00,000 in your SBI FASTag account and there is no limit on reloading amount. The KYC documents are the same as Limited KYC Holder’s account.
SBI FASTag Fee and Charges
SBI FASTag charges are dependent on the type of vehicle being applied by the owner of the vehicle. Vehicle classes include type 4 vehicle which includes Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle, type 5 including Light Commercial Vehicle, type 6 including Three Axle Commercial Vehicles, type 7 which includes a bus/ truck, type 12 including 4 to 6 axle vehicle, type 15 including 7 or more axle vehicle and type 16 which includes Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME).
The tag issuance charges by SBI are Rs 100 and the security amount and minimum balance required for the activation of the FASTag depends on vehicle class. You can follow the below-mentioned table to see what are the charges for the SBI FASTag:
SBI Fastag Fee and Charges
|Sr. No.||Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Security AmountMinimum Balance|
|1||4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||200||100|
|2||5||Light Commercial Vehicle||300||140|
|3||6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||400||300|
|5||12||4 to 6 axle||400||300|
|6||15||7 or More Axle||400||300|
|7||16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||400||300|
How to Recharge SBI FASTag
After the tag creation and using your FASTag at the various toll plazas during your journey at national highways, your FASTag account balance will get exhausted. You need to recharge your FASTag account to continue your journey on the highways.
SBI FASTag can be recharged by paying cash at points of sale locations located at toll plazas and it can be recharged using debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and UPI.
The recharge amount is limited to Rs 2,000 if you are using UPI method for recharging your SBI FASTag account SBI has also an SBI FASTag portal where you can log in and get your FASTag recharged. Follow the steps mentioned below to get your account recharged through the SBI FASTag portal.
- Go to the SBI FASTag portal through the link and login with your mobile number and password which you used during registration for SBI FASTag.
- When you will get logged in your SBI FASTag portal, you will see an option of “Tag Recharge” on the menu.
- There will be various payment methods listed when you click on “Tag Recharge”.
- Select your preferred method of payment and fill the amount by which you want to recharge your FASTag account.
- Your FASTag account will get recharged after the successful payment.
How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
As the government has made it compulsory for all vehicles to attach Fastag, so apart from sending money to anyone, Google pay has added a new feature through which you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Bank UPI Handle|
|1||Airtel Payment Bank||@mairtel|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||@barodampay|
|4||City Union Bank||@cub|
|5||Equitas Small Finance Bank||@equitas|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@Kotak|
|14||Punjab National Bank||@pnb|
|15||South Indian Bank||@sib|
|16||State Bank of India||@sbi|
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019. In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet.
We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system. Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge Fastag Using PhonePe
We are using the Internet the most in today’s time and the Internet is such a thing through which we can get all the information in a few moments, and there are many such things that we can do very easily sitting at our home from the Internet.
Online, we can make any kind of payment and can also recharge online, earlier we had to go to a shop or someone who recharges. But nowadays there are many app through which we can recharge while sitting at home. Today we will tell you about an app named PhonePe App through which you can recharge from your mobile by sitting at your home.
The Phone-Pay app is a mobile payment app, which offers a variety of payment options according to your different needs. The purpose of the phone-pay mobile wallet is to make easy and secure digital payments. It is a UPI based app that works very fast. You can use Phone-Pay Mobile Wallet as a wallet, and pay directly through your bank account, credit card and debit card.
Paying via PhonePe is very easy. Through this you can link bank accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and also recharge online through PhonePay in a simple and convenient way.
PhonePe received its license on 26 August 2014 however, in April 2016, the company was acquired by Flipkart. In August 2016, the company partnered with Yes Bank to launch a mobile payment app based on the government-backed UPI platform.
PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore. It provides an online payment system based on the Unified Payments Interface i.e, a new process in electronic fund transfer initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Now the good news is that in addition to doing Phone and DTH recharge, you can use PhonePe app for recharging Fastag account in just few clicks.
Below we are explaining the step by step process to recharge Fastag using Phonepe.
- First of all open PhonePe app if it installed in your Mobile Phone.
- If you don’t have PhonePe app, then first you have to download it from Google play store.
- After opening Phone Pe app, click on To Contacts option.
- Then click on UPI ID option which is located in the header. After this you have to add
beneficary UPI id.
- Now click on confirm button which will open the payment page.
- At this point, you have to enter the amount you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- You will receive a confirmation message on yur mobile phone after succesfull recharge of your
What is SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number?
The SBI has issue FASTag to many consumers but the consumer might face some problems regarding their FASTag while using on national highways. The common problems which can occur during your SBI FASTag are:
- The tag of your vehicle is showing blacklisted even I it is not.
- The SBI FASTag is not accepted at toll plazas.
- The toll plaza is not issuing the monthly pass even if you are residing within 10km of the plaza.
The SBI FASTag has issued a toll-free number which you can use if you face any of the above issues. The SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number is: SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number: 1800 11 0018 Please lodge your FASTag related complaints to Email ID [email protected] and CC to [email protected]
What is SBI Fastag?
SBI Fastag is a toll collection technique in which RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification is used. It is like a chip that is installed on the windscreen of the vehicle. As soon as your vehicle crosses the Toll plaza, the sensor installed there will scan the SBI Fastag on your windscreen, and Toll charges will be deducted from your Fastag account.
Is there a validity period for the SBI Fastag?
SBI Fastag has a validity of 5 years. It means that you have to renew the Fastag on your vehicle after 5 years.
What to do if my SBI Fastag is not read or scanned at the Toll Plaza?
If your SBI Fastag is not scanned then there may be two reasons for it, first is that the Scanner at the Toll plaza where you are crossing is malfunctioned i.e it is not working. I this case you can pay the Toll charges by cash at the toll counter. The second reason may that there is an issue with only your Fastag, in which case you can ask the toll operator to use the handheld device to scan the SBI fastag so that the toll charges can be deducted from your account.
What to do if an incorrect deduction happens from your SBI account?
In this case, you can contact the toll-free number of SBI Fastag Customer care which is 1800 11 0018 so that they can provide you the assistance regarding the incorrect deduction.
What to do if my SBI Fastag is lost or damaged?
In case your SBI Fastag is lost or damaged you can simply call the Toll free number of the SBI Customer Care which is dedicated to providing the assistance regarding this. Call the Toll free number 1800 11 0018. After informing the customer care executive about the situation, they will guide you about this and you will be issued a new SBI Fastag as soon as possible.
SBI Fastag CSC:
CSC which stands for Common Service Center is a service launched by Indian Government so that the Indian citizens can get the benefits of E-governance services launched by the government. This scheme provides various services to the citizens of India including, Health, Education, Banking , Agriculture.
The main motive of CSC is to provide top quality and cost effective E-governance service to the people of India. Under this CSC scheme, a completely new service known as Fastag has been launched which is basically an RFID technology based sticker that has been made mandatory to be attached on the front screen of your four wheeler since 01 December 2019.
SBI also allows users to make registration at CSC and become agents to sell the Fastag stickers. By making registration at SBI CSC, you have a good opportunity to earn commission by selling Fastag. According to the advisory issued by the CSC on the official website, a person has to purchase a minimum of 70 Fastags. Below are the steps to register and purchase Fastag stickers through SBI CSC portal.
- For this first of all you have to register the Digital Portal service i.e CSC by visiting this link: http://sbibc.csccloud.in/
- After registering, login with your username and password.
- After login, you have to click on the ‘Services’ option, where you have to type Fastag in the search box.
- Then you will see three options there. Here you have to click on the ‘Fastag Service SBI Electronic Toll’ option.
- When you click on this option, you will see Digital Service, VLE Portal. You have to Login Here
- After login, you see a menu, where it is mentioned that you have to purchase a minimum of 70 Fastag stickers. Only then you will be given your SBI CSC Fastag login ID and password.
- If anyone login into this portal for the first time, then they have to fill a registration form, where they have to enter information like, Name, Phone Number, Email id etc.
- You also have to upload a scanned copy of your PAN Card and Aadhar Card.
- You need to enter your Email id very carefully because all the information related to your agent membership will be provided on this email id.
- Also enter your bank account details, because all your commission of selling the Fastag will be transferred to your account.
- After registration, you have to click on the ‘Purchase’ tab.
- Then you will have to choose the vehicle class from a menu that appears after clicking the ‘Purchase’ tab.
- You have to select any vehicle class eg. Light Commercial vehicle, and then purchase a minimum of 10 stickers for any vehicle class with a total of 70 stickers for 7 classes of vehicles.
- After selecting 70 stickers of 7 different classes, you have to click on Submit.
- When you click on submit, then Rs 7000 will be deducted from your digital wallet and your order will be confirmed.
- You will receive your agent Id and Password within 10-15 days and your ordered stickers will also be delivered to you.
SBI Fastag Blacklisted:
Sometimes when we pass through a toll plaza, then the scanner shows that our SBI Fastag is blacklisted. There are many reasons why our SBI Fastag shows blacklisted. Here we will let you know in detail the reasons behind the blacklisted Fastag.
SBI Fastag Blacklisted Reason:
There are four main reasons why our SBI Fastag is blacklisted.
- First reason is that the Fastag is blacklisted at a particular toll plaza for some reasons like, the scanner at that toll is not working or there is some other issue with the scanner.
- Second reason is that you mistakenly deactivated your SBI Fastag in that case your Fastag goes into suspension mode.
- Third and the most common reason is that there is low balance in your card due to which your Fastag is blacklisted.
- The fourth reason is that your Full KYC is not updated for the SBI Fastag due to which your Fastag is shown as blacklisted at a toll plaza.
SBI Fastag Blacklisted Removal:
You can follow the below procedure to get your SBI Fastag removed from blacklist.
- In case of suspension, you have to go to your Fastag profile and follow the ‘Activation’ & ‘Deactivation’ step. Here you can click on the ‘Activate’ to remove it from the blacklist.
- In case of SBI Fastag blacklisted due to low balance, you have to add desired money into your wallet which will automatically transfer to your Fastag account and it will be removed from the blacklist.
- And if the Fastag is blacklisted due to KYC not updated, get it updated to remove your Fastag from the blacklist.
If you are still facing issues in removing your SBI Fastag from the blacklist, then you can call the Toll Free Number of 1800-11-0018 or email at [email protected]. In addition to this, a helpline number 1033 has been issued by NHAI for resolving any issues regarding Fastag including Blacklisted Fastag. By calling at 1033, you can get all the information as well as the solution for removing your Fastag from Blacklist.
SBI Fastag Agent
Dear readers as fastag has been made compulsory since 01 Dec 2020 for all vehicles passing through toll plaza and any vehicle without Fastag will have to pay double the amount of toll tax. So it means that there has been a big rise in the popularity and demand of Fastag.
And so if you want to start the business of Fastag, then SBI is giving you a good opportunity to get a Fastag dealership and become its agent. So here in this article we will explain in complete detail, how you can start a Fastag business and how you can apply to become a Fastag agent.
To start a Fastag business or to get its dealership, you don’t need a big investment, you can become a SBI Fastag agent with a very low investment. You can get an SBI Fastag dealership by investing about just Rs 50000 and can earn a good income.
As mentioned above Fastag has been made mandatory, so all vehicle owners which have not installed Fastag yet will be required to install it and so there is good scope of earning by becoming a Fastag agent. Let’s start how you can become an SBI Fastag agent and start the business of selling Fastag.
Who can become Fastag Agent:
The main requirement to become SBI Fastag Agent and get its dealership are: Anyone who has some experience of marketing can apply to get the dealership of SBI Fastag. Although anyone can apply for the dealership, but the preference will be given to the persons who are:
- Working as RTO Agent
- Car Dealers
- Working in Fuel stations
- Insurance Agents
- Point of Sale agent
How much to invest to become an SBI Fastag Agent:
You will need to invest at least Rs 50000 to become the SBI Fastag Agent. In addition to this you must have some experience in working on computer and should have following devices:
- At least one computer system (Laptop or Desktop)
- Biometric Device
By having these devices and the capability to invest Rs. 50000, you can easily become an SBI Fastag agent and make a handsome income.
How to apply for become SBI POS Agent of Fastag:
A form is required to be filled up for applying to the POS Agent. You can see the form by clicking here: http://www.nictcsc.com:8050/sstpl/rfid_appform.do
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car