Table OF content
- How to Purchase SBI FASTag?
- How to get an SBI FASTag Application?
- SBI FASTag KYC Update Online
- SBI FASTag Fee and Charges
- How to Recharge SBI FASTag
- What is SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number?
How to Purchase SBI FASTag?
SBI is one of the largest national government banks in India. SBI has also started issuing the FASTag incorporated by NPCI under the scheme of the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC). The SBI issues an SBI FASTag chip which is a rectangular tag in the size of 10*5 cm which contains an antenna and chip.
The tag which is attached on the front windshield of the four-wheeler uses Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID) to deduct the toll fees at the toll plazas located on the national and state highways. SBI FASTag is valid on all toll plazas which come under the NETC program.
SBI FASTag purchase can be made by submitting an SBI FASTag registration application to the Bank through SBI FASTag portal or by visiting the bank.
Benefits of the SBI FASTag
- Cashback for all the transactions at all the National Highway Toll plazas.
- Save Time, Fuel and Money
- Easy recharge/Top up of the SBI FASTag account through authorized service providers of SBI across the country.
- Online recharge of the SBI FASTag through the dedicated online portal for the customer through credit card, debit card, net banking, wallets, etc.
- You can view transaction history, toll payment history, balance in the account, etc. in the customer portal
How to get an SBI FASTag Application?
You can apply for SBI FASTag application by visiting the points of sale location located at SBI bank branches located in the country
SBI FASTag Application
You can apply for SBI FASTag by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to any point of sale location of the SBI Bank and take your four-wheeler along with you.
- Ask for the SBI FASTag Application form from the banking representative and fill all the details listed in the form.
- Attach the following documents along with the SBI FASTag application form: KYC Documents: Aadhar Card, PAN Card or Voter Card; One Passport Size photograph of the owner of the vehicle; Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Verify all the details filled in the form and duly sign the form.
- Submit the form to the banking officer and pay the required fees.
- Your SBI FASTag will be created and it will be affixed on your four-wheelers front windshield.
SBI FASTag KYC Update Online
It is necessary to do KYC of your SBI FASTag as it includes monetary transactions. There are two types of SBI KYC update.
Limited KYC Holder’s Account
In this type of SBI FASTag, an account holder can load a maximum amount of RS 10,000. The reload limit of this type of account is also capped at Rs 10,000. For KYC of this account you need the following documents which include your Passport, NREGA Card, PAN Card, Driving Licence, Voter’s Identity Card, and Aadhaar Card.
Full KYC Holder’s Account
In this type of SBI FASTag account, you can load an amount of Rs 1,00,000 in your SBI FASTag account and there is no limit on reloading amount. The KYC documents are the same as Limited KYC Holder’s account.
SBI FASTag Fee and Charges
SBI FASTag charges are dependent on the type of vehicle being applied by the owner of the vehicle. Vehicle classes include type 4 vehicle which includes Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle, type 5 including Light Commercial Vehicle, type 6 including Three Axle Commercial Vehicles, type 7 which includes a bus/ truck, type 12 including 4 to 6 axle vehicle, type 15 including 7 or more axle vehicle and type 16 which includes Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME). The tag issuance charges by SBI are Rs 100 and the security amount and minimum balance required for the activation of the FASTag depends on vehicle class.
You can follow the below-mentioned table to see what are the charges for the SBI FASTag:
SBI Fastag Fee and Charges
|Sr. No.||Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Security AmountMinimum Balance|
|1||4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||200||100|
|2||5||Light Commercial Vehicle||300||140|
|3||6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||400||300|
|5||12||4 to 6 axle||400||300|
|6||15||7 or More Axle||400||300|
|7||16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||400||300|
How to Recharge SBI FASTag
After the tag creation and using your FASTag at the various toll plazas during your journey at national highways, your FASTag account balance will get exhausted. You need to recharge your FASTag account to continue your journey on the highways. SBI FASTag can be recharged by paying cash at points of sale locations located at toll plazas and it can be recharged using debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and UPI. The recharge amount is limited to Rs 2,000 if you are using UPI method for recharging your SBI FASTag account
SBI has also an SBI FASTag portal where you can log in and get your FASTag recharged. Follow the steps mentioned below to get your account recharged through the SBI FASTag portal.
- Go to the SBI FASTag portal through the link and login with your mobile number and password which you used during registration for SBI FASTag.
- When you will get logged in your SBI FASTag portal, you will see an option of “Tag Recharge” on the menu.
- There will be various payment methods listed when you click on “Tag Recharge”.
- Select your preferred method of payment and fill the amount by which you want to recharge your FASTag account.
- Your FASTag account will get recharged after the successful payment.
What is SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number?
The SBI has issue FASTag to many consumers but the consumer might face some problems regarding their FASTag while using on national highways. The common problems which can occur during your SBI FASTag are:
- The tag of your vehicle is showing blacklisted even I it is not.
- The SBI FASTag is not accepted at toll plazas.
- The toll plaza is not issuing the monthly pass even if you are residing within 10km of the plaza.
The SBI FASTag has issued a toll-free number which you can use if you face any of the above issues. The SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number is:
SBI FASTag Toll-Free Number: 1800 11 0018
Please lodge your FASTag related complaints to Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to email@example.com
What is SBI Fastag?
SBI Fastag is a toll collection technique in which RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification is used. It is like a chip that is installed on the windscreen of the vehicle. As soon as your vehicle crosses the Toll plaza, the sensor installed there will scan the SBI Fastag on your windscreen, and Toll charges will be deducted from your Fastag account.
Is there a validity period for the SBI Fastag?
SBI Fastag has a validity of 5 years. It means that you have to renew the Fastag on your vehicle after 5 years.
What to do if my SBI Fastag is not read or scanned at the Toll Plaza?
If your SBI Fastag is not scanned then there may be two reasons for it, first is that the Scanner at the Toll plaza where you are crossing is malfunctioned i.e it is not working. I this case you can pay the Toll charges by cash at the toll counter.
The second reason may that there is an issue with only your Fastag, in which case you can ask the toll operator to use the handheld device to scan the SBI fastag so that the toll charges can be deducted from your account.
What to do if an incorrect deduction happens from your SBI account?
In this case, you can contact the toll-free number of SBI Fastag Customer care which is 1800 11 0018 so that they can provide you the assistance regarding the incorrect deduction.
What to do if my SBI Fastag is lost or damaged?
In case your SBI Fastag is lost or damaged you can simply call the Toll free number of the SBI Customer Care which is dedicated to providing the assistance regarding this. Call the Toll free number 1800 11 0018. After informing the customer care executive about the situation, they will guide you about this and you will be issued a new SBI Fastag as soon as possible.
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Sr No.||Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|4||State Bank of India||1800-11-0018|
|6||Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|7||EQUITAS Small Finance Bank||1800-419-1996|
|8||PayTM Payments Bank Ltd||1800-102-6480|
|9||Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|12||South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|13||Punjab National Bank||080-67295310|
|14||Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993|
|16||Fino Payments Bank||1860-266-3466|
|17||City Union Bank||1800-2587200|
|18||Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|22||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800-2667183|
|23||Airtel Payments bank||400|
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car