How to Buy South Indian Bank FASTag?
South Indian Bank have associated with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for the issuance of FASTag. National Electronic Toll Collection system which have been developed under the guidelines of NHAI and IHMCL helps to cruise through toll gates while deducting the toll fees automatically through wallet associated with the tag. RFID readers gets the information of the vehicle which passes through toll gate and the toll gets deducted from the FASTag account. FASTag lanes have been introduced in all the toll plazas on national and state highways coming under NETC program.
South Indian Bank FASTag Benefits:
- Avoid Long queue at the Toll Plaza
- Forget carrying cash for Toll payments
- Saves time and Fuel
- SMS alerts for each toll transaction
- Easy recharge options
- Track your toll payments
- Online portal for Tag holders
South Indian Bank FASTag Documents required:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner.
KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner
- Valid ID proof
- Valid Address proof
How to Register for South Indian Bank FASTag?
You can apply for South Indian Bank FASTag by following the few simple steps which are mentioned below:
- Visit the South Indian Bank FASTag portal which can be visited by clicking here.
- Click on “Register” and you will redirected to FASTag form.
- Fill in the details on your form like your name, date of birth and the address at which you want to receive your FASTag.
- After filling in personal details, you will move on to vehicle details form where you need to enter vehicle registration number for which you are applying for the tag.
- After that you have to mention which KYC documents you are going to submit for issuing of the tag in the next tab.
- Next step is to upload photo proof of the vehicle which means a scanned copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle.
- After filling in all the details and verifying the details you will submit your application by paying the required fees as shown on your completion of form.
You can also visit point of sale location of south indian bank at the branches of the bank or which of them are located at the toll plazas. You will need to fill the FASTag application form and submit it to banking representative who will issue you a FASTag account with South Indian Bank. You can download the sib fastag application form by clicking below:
What are South Indian Bank FASTag Charges?
As it is a norm at the toll plazas, every vehicle has a different toll fees. If you have a car you will pay a different amount, a bus and truck drivers have different rates for toll plazas fees. Therefore South Indian Bank FASTag charges depend on class of the vehicle of which you are an owner. The security deposit and threshold value is different in all the classes of vehicle which makes a difference in the price of FASTag which can be seen in the table below:
|NETC tag Charges and Fees: SOUTH INDIAN BANK LTD
|Tag issuance charge in INR
|100(inclusive of tax)
|Security Deposit* in INR
|Threshold amount in INR
|Class 4 (Car/jeep/van/mini LCV)
|Class 6 (3 Axle Bus)
|Class 6 (3 Axle Truck)
|Class 7 (2 axle Bus/truck/mini bus)
|Class 12 (tractor/tractor with trailer)
|Class 12 (4 to 6 Axle)
|Class 15 (7 or more axle)
|Class 16 (Heavy construction machinery/ Earth Moving equipment)
*Security deposit collected is Refundable at the time of Closure of the tag
How will you do South Indian Bank FASTag Recharge?
SIB FASTag recharge can be done online by visiting the south indian bank fastag login by following the steps here:
- Visit the FASTag portal of SIB.
- After that click on “Customer Login”.
- Enter your mobile number which will be your login id and enter captcha.
- After that click on generate otp.
- fill in the otp and access your South Indian Bank FASTag account.
- Go to Recharge and enter the amount by which you want to fill your fastag account.
- Pay by the preferred payment method which can be debit/credit card and netbanking.
You can also recharge by giving the cash in the bank branches and get your FASTag account recharged.
How to Recharge South Indian Bank Fastag using Google Pay
Google Pay is UPI based Mobile Payment System app. Google Pay also works like Bhim and other UPI Apps. In this app, you get a feature in which you can pay the other person without asking the UPI ID. It also saves your time.
The Google Pay app was launched by the Google Team on 17 August 2017. With the help of this app, you can instantly transfer money to any person’s bank account. UPI is a such mobile payment system where you can send money at any time and in any bank. It is not necessary that the person to whom you are sending money also has a Google Pay app, you can also transfer money directly to his bank account.
Now UPI Payment has started being accepted in many places and you do not have to move around with money in the pocket. If any person wants to pay money, then we do not need to get money by going to Net Banking or Bank, but we can send money from our mobile to someone’s bank account in less than 1 minute.
As the government has made it compulsory for all vehicles to attach Fastag, so apart from sending money to anyone, Google pay has added a new feature through which you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
Below we are explaining the step by step procedure of how to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay App.
You can link your FASTag account to a supported bank account with Google Pay. This feature is available to users in India.
Check How to Link your bank to your FASTag account
- Open Google Pay.
- Under ‘Suggested businesses’, tap More. If FASTag isn’t listed, tap More again.
- Tap FASTag → Get started.
- Enter your account information. This issuer bank is the bank that issued your FASTag. You can find the bank name on your FASTag sticker.
- Tap Next →
- Review the account information and tap Link account.
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using Google pay.
- Enter your Google PIN number after opening the Google Pay app on your Mobile phone.
- A new page will open where you have to click on New button.
- After clicking on New button the payment page will open up.
- Now to open the Pay to option, you have to select the UPI ID or QR option.
- After selecting the UPI ID or QR option, Enter UPI ID pop up window will open up.
- After clicking on Verify button, the bank payment page will be opened.
- Then make payment using Pay button after choosing the bank from the list.
- For confirming the correctness of bank you can initially send Rs. 1 and once the transaction is
verified, you can make full payment.
- The payment confirmation message will arrive on your mobile phone, immediately after the
List of Fastag Banks and UPI handles
|Bank UPI Handle
|Airtel Payment Bank
|Bank Of Baroda
|City Union Bank
|Equitas Small Finance Bank
|Kotak Mahindra Bank
|Punjab National Bank
|South Indian Bank
|State Bank of India
For e.g. Rajan is having FASTag of HDFC bank and his vehicle number is CH01BN1234. His UPI ID will be NETC.CH01BN1234@HDFC if his vehicle number is XYZ 1234 his UPI ID will be NETC.XYZ1234@HDFC
In case you are not sure on which bank was your FASTag issued from, check the FASTag Sticker to find the bank logo / name on the top.
You can also check the SMS received from your for registration / credit of earlier transaction to your FASTag account to know your bank.
How to Recharge South Indian Bank Fastag Using Paytm
From December 15, you will have to pay toll tax through Fastag. To travel anywhere across the country, you will need to take Fastag. The government has started charging toll tax from Fastag from 15 December 2019. In this way, you will need fastag to travel with a 4 wheeler. Fastag will be needed to pay toll tax not only for private vehicles but also for commercial vehicles. You can also recharge Fastag with Paytm Wallet.
We will tell you the method of this, but before that, we want to inform you that Fastag is an e-toll collection system. Fastag will facilitate automatic toll tax payments, which are installed on the windscreen of your vehicle. Being installed on the window screen will save you time at the toll plaza because the sensors there will identify it and your toll tax will be deducted from your Fastag account. More than 20 banks are issuing Fastag.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag by using Paytm, we are giving brief overview about what is Paytm
Paytm is basically a type of online wallet, in which you can keep money like your pocket wallet. And then you can use this online wallet in place of debit or credit card. However, you have to use debit or credit-card to put money in your online wallet.
The money put in your online wallet is called Paytm cash. This can be used for mobile-recharge, data-card or smart-tag recharge or bill payment. Paytm cash can be used for all Paytm apps and all types of transactions on the mobile site. In addition to these features, now you can use Paytm Wallet to recharge your Fastag account. Below are the various steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Paytm.
Steps to recharge Fastag using Paytm:
- Once you have linked your Fastag with Paytm, then recharging it is very easy.
- You just need to have money in your paytm Wallet.
- Once you have money in your Paytm Wallet, it will be automatically reserved for the Fastag Recharge.
- So it means there will be no need of separate Fastag Recharge.
- The only thing you need to keep in mind is that, you will able to pay using your Fastag at toll plaza only after 20 minutes of adding money in Paytm Wallet.
How to Recharge South Indian Bank Fastag Using PhonePe
We are using the Internet the most in today’s time and the Internet is such a thing through which we can get all the information in a few moments, and there are many such things that we can do very easily sitting at our home from the Internet.
Online, we can make any kind of payment and can also recharge online, earlier we had to go to a shop or someone who recharges. But nowadays there are many app through which we can recharge while sitting at home. Today we will tell you about an app named PhonePe App through which you can recharge from your mobile by sitting at your home.
The Phone-Pay app is a mobile payment app, which offers a variety of payment options according to your different needs. The purpose of the phone-pay mobile wallet is to make easy and secure digital payments. It is a UPI based app that works very fast. You can use Phone-Pay Mobile Wallet as a wallet, and pay directly through your bank account, credit card and debit card.
Paying via PhonePe is very easy. Through this you can link bank accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and also recharge online through PhonePay in a simple and convenient way.
PhonePe received its license on 26 August 2014 however, in April 2016, the company was acquired by Flipkart. In August 2016, the company partnered with Yes Bank to launch a mobile payment app based on the government-backed UPI platform.
PhonePe is a financial technology company headquartered in Bangalore. It provides an online payment system based on the Unified Payments Interface i.e, a new process in electronic fund transfer initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Now the good news is that in addition to doing Phone and DTH recharge, you can use PhonePe app for recharging Fastag account in just few clicks.
Below we are explaining the step by step process to recharge Fastag using Phonepe.
- First of all open PhonePe app if it installed in your Mobile Phone.
- If you don’t have PhonePe app, then first you have to download it from Google play store.
- After opening Phone Pe app, click on To Contacts option.
- Then click on UPI ID option which is located in the header. After this you have to add
beneficary UPI id.
- Now click on confirm button which will open the payment page.
- At this point, you have to enter the amount you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- You will receive a confirmation message on yur mobile phone after succesfull recharge of your
How to get Logged in South Indian Bank FASTag Account?
There are two types of login for South Indian Bank on their online FASTag portal.
- Customer Login
- Vendor Login
South Indian Bank FASTag Customer Login
- Go to the South Indian Bank FASTag portal.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha and generate otp
- Enter the otp and you can view all the details related to your SIB FASTag account which include the account summary, your fastag profile and recharge your account.
South Indian Bank FASTag Vendor Login
A vendor who is issuing the FASTag on behalf of the bank can login to their account by visiting the FASTag website of the bank and then click on “Bank/Vendor login”. Enter the “Username” and “Password” along with captcha and view all the details related to your South Indian bank FASTag vendor account.
South Indian Bank Fastag Customer Number
Fastag Banks list with Customer Care Number
|Customer Care Helpline No
|State Bank of India
|Karur Vysya Bank
|EQUITAS Small Finance Bank
|PayTM Payments Bank Ltd
|Kotak Mahindra Bank
|South Indian Bank
|Punjab National Bank
|Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank
|Fino Payments Bank
|City Union Bank
|Bank of Baroda
|Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd
|Airtel Payments bank
Check Other Most Popular Articles
- How to Check fastag Balance
- What is Blacklist in FASTag
- How to Recharge Fastag
- How to Recharge Fastag using Google Pay
- How to Recharge Fastag Using Paytm
- How to Recharge Fastag Using phonepe
- FASTag Vehicle Classification
- How to become Fastag Agent and get its Dealership
- Fastag Banks List with Helpline Number
- How To Get Monthly Pass On Icici Fastag
- How to Install and Stick Fastag Sticker in Car